Chapter 23

author's note
i am so sorry for taking a break! but thank you all so much for being so incredibly nice, motivational, and supportive! i truly hope that does not happen again but all of your comments and everything has made me so happy and encouraged to keep writing. thank you again and i promise to keep trying my best! it really means so much to me! you guys are the best!
---------------------------------------------

Taehyung's POV:
At one point while I was talking, I noticed that (y/n) had stopped writing so I looked up from my bowl of ramen to see (y/n) had fallen asleep. A smile formed on my face as I looked at her, she really was so adorable. She was resting her head on her hands so that her hair fell perfectly around her face. As quietly as I could, I got up and walked over to her. At first I wondered if I should wake her up, but upon looking at her sleeping form I realized she was too cute to wake up. I carefully picked her up from the the chair and started carrying her to my room. She was so light that it was easy to carry her around, hopefully she eats enough. As I walked down the hall, her head was resting on my shoulder and a bright blush formed on my face as she nestled her head closer to the crook of my neck. How is it possible for someone to be so adorable?

I eventually made it up to my bedroom with (y/n) still in my arms. She curled up into a ball the second I put her on my bed. So cute. I tucked the blanket around her shoulders and turned to go back downstairs when I accidentally knocked many things off my bedside table. As I quickly started picking up my random objects on the floor I heard shuffling from the bed. Turning, I saw (y/n) looking over at me, rubbing her eyes.

"Sorry that I woke you." I sighed and started putting things back onto the table. "Now go back to sleep."
"Did you finish eating?" A cute yawn filled the room's silence as (y/n) stretched.
"Yes, thank you." I lied, I didn't want her to worry or yell at me. "Now go back to sleep, you need to rest." I pulled the blanket over her and smiled as she looked up at me.
"Aren't you going to sleep?" She called after me as I began to walk away.
"In a little bit." I paused a little bit, extremely curious about (y/n). "Why?"
"I won't sleep yet if you aren't." She matter-of-factly spoke and got up, cutely pouting at me. A smile formed on my face as she walked over to me and rested her head on my shoulder. "When will we go to sleep?"
"Soon." I put my arm around her and laughed. "There's just a few things I have to do."

(y/n)'s POV:
We began to talk downstairs together and I couldn't help but blush. Taehyung's arm was warm around me and my whole body just felt like melting under his touch. When we walked into the kitchen, I noticed his unfinished bowl of ramen on the table and sighed.

"You liar!" I giggled as I flicked his forehead. Taehyung just turned to me in confusion, he must have forgotten that he said he was done eating. "You didn't finish your ramen!"
"Oh, that." He laughed, removing his hand from my waist to rub the back of his neck instead. "Sorry."
"You're just like a little kid!" I whined and pushed him towards the table, "Go finish eating. What else did you even have to do tonight?"
"Clean the dishes, prepare food for tomorrow, and make sure everything is set for my siblings to go to school tomorrow." He spoke quickly before shoving ramen in his mouth.
"You were planning on doing that all by yourself?" I looked at him confused, he could barely do anything, yet he was in charge of doing all of those house chores late at night by himself? Even right after being sick?
"Yeah." He spoke between mouthfuls of ramen, "I usually do anyways."
"Where are your parents?" I kept my confused gaze at him, "Aren't they supposed to do that type of stuff?"
"Business trip." He already finished his bowl of ramen and walked towards the sink. "Where are yours? Shouldn't they be worried you've been gone all day?"
"They probably won't notice." I quickly spoke before pushing him away from the sink. "I'll do the dishes, you can do the other things."
"Are you okay?" Taehyung spoke like a little boy and hugged me from behind. He rested his head on my shoulder as he continued speaking. "I'm sorry if you didn't want to mention your parents,"
"No, it's okay." I gently smiled as I started doing the dishes. How did this boy have the powers to make me always happy and never worry about anything else? "It's just that our schedules fall that whenever they are home, I am gone, and when I am home, they are gone."
"I'm sorry to hear that." He hugged me tighter. "You can always hangout with me if you want."
"T-Thanks." I stuttered, embarrassed and nervous. My heart was racing a million miles per hour.
"No problem." Taehyung whispered in my ear, sending shivers down my spine. "Anything for you."

Before I could give any response or react, Taehyung turned and gave me a slight kiss on the cheek. A bright blush filled my face as I realized what he had done. I stood there, frozen in shock, as Taehyung began to walk towards the fridge. The water flowing from the sink did not stop me from hearing Taehyung's little giggles as he probably laughed at my reaction. In a way, it was my first kiss.

Taehyung's POV:
I tried my best to hide my blush as I walked away from (y/n). I have no idea what compelled me to kiss her cheek like that. It was so embarrassing! What if she was mad at me forever after this? A few laughs escaped my mouth as I thought about it, (y/n) is way too adorable to be mad at me for that. It was just something about that moment, that made it seem like the perfect time to kiss her. If only it was a real kiss.

My heart skipped a beat as I thought about it. A real kiss would tell us if we really were soulmates. (y/n) surely had to be my soulmate. There was no way she belonged to someone else. We had to be meant for each other. I ran a finger over the (f/i) on my wrist, it must stand for (y/n). My world has already changed so much because of her, this had to be the change a soulmate brings to someone's life. I couldn't imagine her being someone else's soulmate. Now, I can barely stand not being around her, let alone her being someone else's soulmate. I looked at (y/n), who went back to cleaning the dishes, she is so adorable. She had to be my soulmate, there was no way she could be anyone else's.

Then I looked back in the fridge for anything I could pack for Jeong Gyu and Eon Jin to bring to lunch tomorrow, when I noticed the other bags of food (y/n) brought home from seeing Mark. Jealousy ran through me as I pushed the bags to the back of the fridge. There is no way that I will lose (y/n) to Tuan Mark.