Chapter 25

author's note
just wanted to say that i uploaded my oneshots book! you don't have to read it at all or anything. it's just a thank you for you guys since you are so amazing! i will definitely post on that one very often, so just if you wanted more to read while i make the chapters of this one or something :)) and just since its going to get a little crazy with the Korean and English i'll have put [E] and [K] for when it switches around, sorry if that is confusing. just lemme know and i can clear it up haha.
---------------------------------------------

(y/n)'s POV:
An intense blush quickly took over my face. Did Taehyung know what girlfriend meant? How did he know that word? He barely knew any English! My heart was racing even faster than before, my hands were slightly sweaty, and I felt extremely anxious.

"N-No." I stuttered, still trying to calm myself down. "I'm not your [E] g-girlfriend. [K] Do you know what that word means?"
"It's a compound word, right?" Taehyung sat there pondering what girlfriend meant for a second, "Shouldn't it mean, a girl that is your friend? It is the words girl and friend after all." Taehyung looked at me, slightly confused as if I was misunderstanding something.
"No." I giggled a bit, of course Taehyung wouldn't fully understand what a girlfriend was. "A [E] girlfriend [K] is the girl you are dating."
"So technically, you could be my [E] girlfriend!" Taehyung smiled at me as the blush raced back to my face and I became all anxious again.
"E-Enough of that for now." I shook my head, trying to forget what just happened. "I'll just teach you what you need to know. Don't say anything else during our presentation, okay?"

Taehyung only responded with a sad pout and nod, making me sad. This boy acted just like a little kid most of the time. I quickly wrote the important phrases on a piece of paper as Taehyung just silently watched me write. Once I was done, I handed him the paper. I laughed as I saw his extremely confused face. How much English did he really know? I started working on the posters as I left Taehyung to read and try, with hilarious failures, to say the phrases I wrote for him. Due to Taehyung's constant questions and need for help, making the posters took much longer than they were supposed to. But at the end of the school day, I had finished both posters and Taehyung's English was just a little below decent. Yet it was still good enough to present tomorrow. I just hoped that he wouldn't mess up while presenting.

time skip to the morning of presentations!

I walked down the streets to school, alone and nervous. I felt kind of bad for Taehyung, as yesterday after school I immediately went home and ignored him a little bit. I wasn't mad at him or anything like that, I just really wanted to be away from him for a little bit. I needed time for my heart and mind to recover after dealing with the adorable boy. As I walked closer and closer to the school, I truly hoped that our presentation would go okay. That Taehyung wouldn't accidentally call me his girlfriend again. I entered the school completely unnoticed. No one usually care when I entered the school, but this was especially the case today because everyone was starting rumors about the new student. I quickly went to my locker, put my things away, and started walking to class. But before I made it, I was stopped by someone grabbing my wrist. I turned to see Taehyung.

"(y/n)!" He gently started pulling me away from our classroom. "Let's not go to class today!"
"What?" I looked at him extremely confused, what was going on? "Why? Our presentation is today."
"I..." Taehyung paused, probably thinking for a valid reason to skip class. "feel sick again!" He gave a few fake coughs.
"What's wrong?" I giggled a bit at his attempt to skip class. "Are you nervous to present? If you are, don't be. You practiced a lot and will do much better than many of the other kids in class. And speaking of class, let's go."
"No, no, no!" Taehyung frantically spoke, trying to pull me away as I started walking towards the classroom. "Let's not go to class anymore."
"I'm sorry we didn't hang out yesterday, if you're upset about that." I paused, I could never really understand Taehyung. Why didn't he want me to go to class. "And if you don't want to go to class, then don't." I pushed his hand off of my wrist. "But I'm going to class now."
"No!" Taehyung quickly caught up to me and blocked the door. "I don't want you going to class today."
"Taehyung, really what's wrong?" I tried, yet failed, to enter the classroom.
"I just don't want you to go to class today." He rubbed the back of his neck nervously. "Let's go do something else instead!"
"Not happening." I sternly looked at him. "We have to go to class." I peeked behind him, hoping to get a glance in. "There's even a new student today!"
"(y/n)!" Taehyung whined, blocking my view. "That's exactly why I don't want you to go to class today!"
"Wha-" I was cut off by the bell and used all the other students piling into class as a way to sneak past Taehyung. How come he didn't want me coming to class today? I looked around, and recognized everyone around me, the new student wasn't even in class yet. Our teacher started attendance but I didn't pay attention whatsoever after my name was called. The whole time my mind was filled with thoughts about Taehyung and why he was acting so strange today. But then I heard the teacher say "Tuan Mark."

Taehyung's POV:
I sighed as I took my seat behind (y/n). Why couldn't she just listen to me and not come to class today? I couldn't believe it, I was so angry. Out of all of the schools and all the grades and all the classes, he joins the one with me and (y/n). I have no idea how Jungkook found out that Tuan Mark was joining this class, but the thought made my blood boil. As the teacher went through attendance, I was filled with anger when he called Mark's name. But to my surprise, there was no response and the teacher slowly moved on with the rest of the attendance. Where was that kid? After attendance was complete, our teacher explained how presentations would go and that we would get a few extra minutes to just make sure everything is ready. (y/n) turned back to me and handed me the paper with my sentences since she held on to them so I wouldn't loose them.

"Do you want to practice?" She smiled as I grabbed the papers.
[E] "No, I'm good thank you." I recited, after practicing for so long. I had practiced nearly every single word I knew in English last night so I wouldn't mess up and embarrass (y/n).
[E] "Good job!" (y/n) clapped, making me smile. [K] "By the way, I figured out why you didn't want me to come to class today." She paused, looking away from me. "D-Don't worry about it, alright? I don't know why you don't like Mark but it's not like him joining this class means I won't be your f-friend anymore."
[E] "Girlfriend?" I joked, just wanting her to laugh. Although I still wouldn't trust Mark, I wanted (y/n) to be happy. [K] "Just kidding." I laughed at her embarrassed and flustered reaction. [E] "(y/n) and I are friends!"
"Alright class!" The teacher called for all of our attention. "Time's up! Time for presentations." He ran his pen across the attendance list with his eyes shut before randomly stopping it. "And the first presenters are (y/n) and Taehyung!"

(y/n) smiled at me, giving me a little confidence as she got up to hand our rubrics to the teacher. Meanwhile I went up to the front of the room to get our posters and hang them on the wall. (y/n) soon joined me in front of the class, but before we could start there were light knocks on the door. The door opened to reveal Tuan Mark.
[E] "Excuse me!" He bowed after entering the room. "I'm Tuan Mark. Is this my proper class?"