Chapter 16

author's note
omg sorry the last chapter was so bad haha i just kept rewriting it because i didn't like anything i wrote for it hahahah and sorry for adding Mark into the story because i was tossing around ideas and the boy in the store was originally going to be Jimin but then i remembered he'd still be in school. but now i can incorporate this whole new character, so i chose Mark because omg i love him so much haha. but omg 2K reads on this story!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!! it makes me happy that so many people enjoy and read this story!
---------------------------------------------

(y/n)'s POV:
"(y/n)! You took so long to get back!" Taehyung cried into my shoulder making me feel his warmth seep onto me. He felt even more sick than before.
"Did you even rest while I was out?" I pushed him back to look at him. He was disheveled, his burnt-orange hair was facing all different directions, and a sad little pout was on his face.
"I-I told you I couldn't rest without y-you." He smiled at me, blushing a bit, causing me to laugh at him. He is just so adorable.
"You need to rest and get better." I turned away from him to take off my shoes and jacket. "I can't be around you the whole time you are sick."
"What took you so long anyways?" Taehyung looked at me the same way a confused 5 year old looks at his mom while asking why the sky is blue. I giggled even more at his cute expression.
"I wasn't even out that long!" I said between laughs, he really did care about me a lot.
"The store isn't that far~" Taehyung whined while resting his head on my shoulder while we walked to his kitchen. "Were you trying to get away from me?"
"Why would I do that?" I blushed and smoothed down a bit of his hair. "It probably just felt like a long time since you were waiting for me." I knew I shouldn't mention that I talked to Mark, it would probably make Taehyung mad and jealous.
"Maybe." He turned to me and looked me straight in the eyes. "Is t-this the type of change people feel when they meet their soulmate? I couldn't stand not being around you."
"U-um.." I trailed off, blushing and embarrassed. What was I supposed to say to that?
"I really missed you." Taehyung cut me off before I could say anything else. "I hope you are my soulmate because I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't be around you all the time."
"T-Thanks." Stuttering, I pulled away from him. "Go rest while I get your medicine and soup ready."
"You should just rest with me~"

I smiled at him as I gently pushed him away towards the living room. He pouted as he walked out of the kitchen to the couch in the living room. I put his soup into the microwave and while it heated up, I read the directions on the medicine bottle so I poured him the proper amount. I could hear loud coughs and sneezes as I stood in the kitchen. This boy, what am I going to with him? He won't listen to me and he's not getting any better. Would it be better with me here or if I left? He did say that his parents were gone, did I need to stay? He might get better if I was gone but he could get even worse without me. I was so lost in thought that I didn't even notice the microwave was going off. It wasn't until Taehyung started yelling my name between his coughs did I realize and get up to bring it to him. I muttered little sorrys as I walked over to him with the soup and medicine in hand. I gave him the medicine first, which he quickly ate. He sat up straight and smiled at me as I handed him the soup. Before I could walk away, Taehyung grabbed my wrist and held on tightly. His hands were so warm it felt as if my wrists were on fire, he was really sick still.

"(y/n)!" Taehyung said between coughs, "What are you eating? Did you get yourself food? Do you want some of my soup?"
"I'm fine." I smiled at him, "I'm not the one who is sick. You need to eat your soup before it gets cold."
"What abou-"
"Don't worry about me. You need to focus on resting and getting better." I tried to pull away from him but his grip was too tight.
"I don't want you to get sick too." He looked at me, pouting. "And you need to eat."
"I'm fine, really." I smiled at him again, "I've already slept a lot and...." paused, would he be mad if I lied? "I was actually gone so long because I saw food I wanted and ate it on the way back."
"Don't-"
"Just eat, okay?" I cut him off again, he really just needed to listen to me. "You need to get better."
"Fine." Taehyung pouted and let go of me to start eating his soup.
"I'm going to grab the paperwork for our project so we can work on it." I began to walk away until I noticed his sad glare, "It's literally just with my bag at the front door, I'll be right back." I giggled a bit as I walked away.

I quickly grabbed my paperwork and walked back to the living room to find Taehyung not eating his soup. Are you kidding me? What is with him? Without saying anything I walked over to him and scooped a spoonful of the warm soup and put it in front of his mouth. He laughed and smiled at me, at least he was happier now. He opened his mouth like a little toddler so I could put the soup in his mouth. Was this what it really took to get him to eat? I put the spoon down, laughing. He really was just like a little child. He picked up the spoon himself, finally he was going to eat. I smiled at him until he put the spoon in front of my mouth. He really didn't need to be like this. I'm not the one who is sick, I'm not the one who needs to get better. I kept my mouth shut and shook my head, I'm not going to eat his soup. Taehyung pouted at me and opened his mouth, hoping I would. I sighed, we really were getting nowhere in his recovery. I backed away from him and sighed again.

"You are the one who needs to eat the soup." I sadly looked at him, "Please, I-I r-really want y-you to get better."
"You need to eat too." He put the spoon back down and slightly struggled to put the bowl of soup on the coffee table without spilling. "I doubt you ate on your way here. You didn't buy yourself any food, did you?"
"I'm fine." I blushed, why did he care about me so much?
"No you're not." He quickly grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards him. My blushing increased as he stared at my eyes, what was he doing? He put his forehead against mine, sending chills down my spine. He was so incredibly hot, I should have checked his temperature. He was so sick. I sat there speechless as he kept our foreheads connected, he was so close to me. In embarrassment, I tightly shut my eyes, what am I supposed to do? I could feel his warm breath tickling my face and could hear him deeply inhaling and exhaling.
"W-what.." I tried to say something, anything to him. But words still failed to come out.
"Are you sure you're not sick too?" Taehyung pulled back and I opened my eyes to see him smirking. "It felt like you might have a fever too."
"I-I'm fine!" I stuttered, he made me so embarrassed and nervous so easily. He was the only one that was sick. "I'm n-not s-sick."
"Look at you!" He placed his hand on my forehead. "You're getting red and you feel warmer than usual."
"T-That's just be-because of y-you." I continued to stutter, he really was so embarrassing. "You can't j-just do that."
"But, I just did." He smirked.
"You should rest instead." I looked away from him. I just couldn't look at him right now. Not when he was like this, not when he was so adorable and caring.
"Fine." He stretched and lied back down on the couch.
"Really?" I perked up, was he actually going to listen to me now?
"Yeah," He smiled, "could you pass me the blanket?"

I happily grabbed the blanket from the other side of the couch and carried it over towards him. As I pulled the blanket over him, he smiled at me with the cutest rectangular smile. I smiled back at him, he really was too much. Right before I was going to let go of the blanket and walk away, he grabbed my wrist again. How did I not think about this? He pulled on my wrist, causing me to fall onto the couch next to him. Why was he like this? I didn't even try to stop him while he covered me with the blanket and wrapped his arms around me. Instead I just lied next to him embarrassed and flustered.