Chapter 17

author's note
wow i'm the worst, i just realized i made taehyung sick for about half of this story so far hahaha. whoops. i'll fix that soon. anyways thanks for all the support! i know i say it a lot and it's probably annoying but it really does make me happy that so many people read and like this story! i am also so incredibly sorry that i haven't been updating as often! i will try to fix that and be more consistent i am so sorry and i really apologize for not being consistent with my updates.
---------------------------------------------

(y/n)'s POV:
Aggressive knocks on the front door and a ringing doorbell caused me to wake up. I blushed as I saw Taehyung still in deep sleep next to me. It was so embarrassing for me to be lying here next to him. During his sleep, he managed to wrap his arms loosely around my waist and pull me closer to his sleeping body. I was so nervous and flustered, but at least he was resting now. Making sure I didn't wake him up, I awkwardly and slowly moved his arms away from my body and pulled the blanket back up over his shoulders. He looked so adorable and peaceful sleeping like this that I couldn't help but smile. The aggressive knocks on the door returned and I began to run to the front door. I peeked through the door hole and saw a little boy and girl with school backpacks on standing in front of the door slightly worried. I giggled a little bit, they must be Taehyung's siblings. I opened the door, stopping their knocking, however surprised both of them with my existence as they stood shocked outside of the house and did not walk into the house despite the open door.

"Who are you?" The little girl curiously stared at me as the boy hid behind her. She then tried to look into the house behind me. "Where is my Brother?"
"He's asleep on the couch." I smiled at her, hoping that I wasn't scaring her. "I am his classmate. My name is (y/n)." I bowed at the two of them.
"W-Why are you h-here?" The little boy stuttered from behind the girl, still hiding and afraid.
"Your Brother is sick and asked me to take care of him-" I tried to reassure them but was cut off by Taehyung standing behind me.
"Eon Jin and Jeong Gyu, don't worry everything is fine." Taehyung smiled at them while speaking in his groggy, deep voice. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder, causing me to blush like crazy. His voice right after waking up made my heart beat so fast, let alone him wrapping his arm around my shoulder. I stood next to him shocked and not sure of what to do next. But quickly enough his deep voice pulled me back to reality. "This is (y/n), a friend of mine, she has been taking care of me today since I got sick."
"I told you you'd get sick!" Eon Jin whined at her older brother, "You need to take better care of yourself."
"Whatever." Taehyung sighed and ran his hand through his messy hair. "Are you guys coming in the house or what?"
"H-How long is she staying?" Jeong Gyu stuttered as he slowly walked into the house.
"I don't know." Taehyung ruffled his younger brother's hair, "That's a good question."
"I-I can s-stay however long y-you want, I-I guess." I muttered, embarrassed and nervous. How long was I actually supposed to stay?
"Cool!" Taehyung smiled at me before he began to lead me back to the couch. "Let's go back to sleep." He paused to cough, "You know, I woke up almost immediately after you left."
"S-Sorry." I blushed even more and looked at him, smiling. It seemed that he was getting a little better, which was good.
"Brother, are you okay?" Eon Jin asked from the front door, still removing her shoes and jacket.
"Yeah, I'm fine. Just go do your homework." Taehyung responded as he lied down on the couch and tried to pull me next to him. "Eon Jin, wake me up when you guys are done, okay?"
"Aren't we in charge of them?" I resisted him as he tried to go back to sleep. "Shouldn't we, I don't know, watch them or something? Help them with their homework?"
"They'll be fine." He began to ignore me and wrapped himself with the blanket. "I'm the one who is sick."
"Yeah but they are just kids." I turned to look at Eon Jin and Jeong Gyu who were putting their school supplies on the table. "They need to be taken care of too."
"I know, I take care of them everyday." Taehyung paused, almost asleep already. "They'll be fine. Usually they don't need anything until dinner, they have snacks in the kitchen too."
"Are you sure?" I worriedly looked at the two children, just moments ago they were so afraid of me. Were they really fine? How could Taehyung be so comfortable in barely watching them? I turned to Taehyung, waiting for his answer to my question but he already fell asleep. I sighed and put my hand on his forehead, surprisingly his temperature was seeming to go down.
"U-Um, excuse me?" Jeong Gyu broke the silence that began to fill the house. "A-Are you really friends with my Brother? I've never seen you before."
"Yeah!" Eon Jin chimed in, "And you're a girl! I don't think Brother has had any friends that are girls before. Or at least he has never let us meet them if he has. Are you special to him?"
"Well Taehyung and I just recently became friends." I smiled at them, it was cute that they were so curious about their older brother however these questions were so weird and made me nervous. "But I don't think I am special to him." I laughed a bit as Eon Jin and Jeong Gyu excitedly looked at me. "We are just partners for a school project."
"I think you are special to him." Eon Jin smiled. "Jungkook-hyung and everyone always makes fun of him for not hanging out with girls, but now he brought you home."
"W-Well, he is sick now." I slightly stuttered, embarrassed. Taehyung did confess to me, but I doubt they would know what that really means so I just wouldn't bring it up to them. I quickly ran my hand through my hair, just to calm myself down a bit. "He brought me here so that I could take care of him for today."
"Wait!" Jeong Gyu pointed at my wrist. "Is that a T on your wrist?" He pulled my wrist to look at the T. "Yeah, it is! T for Taehyung!" He smiled, extremely excited with his discovery.
"I'm not sure if it stands for Taehyung." I laughed, "It could mean anything." I paused, not really wanting to talk about the whole soulmate thing with such young children. "Why don't you two do your homework now and I'll help you if you need it? Then after we can eat and play games!"

Both Eon Jin and Jeong Gyu smiled and nodded before turning back to their homework. They both looked extremely adorable while they focused on their homework and scribbled all over their papers. Every once and awhile, one of them would ask me a question about their assignments and I would guide them through the problem. I missed simple work such as theirs, beginners vocabulary, easy mathematics, coloring sheets, character papers. A few times while they were working, I went over to Taehyung, just to check on him. He was in really deep sleep which made me wonder if he got proper sleep regularly. All he has been doing is sleeping ever since we got to his house and he even slept a bit at school. Maybe it was just because he was sick? Nevertheless, I couldn't worry about him too much because his temperature was going down which meant that he was recovering, even if he was just sleeping. Maybe all he needed was sleep to get better, I'm not really sure. But I did know that he looked extremely adorable sleeping with his burnt-orange hair ruffled out all around him and no worry or stress on his face as he steadily breathed. He even wrapped himself up with the blanket and hugged it as if his life depended on it.

"I finished!" Jeong Gyu jumped up from his seat and put down his crayons causing me to turn away from Taehyung. "Let's play some games!"
"Wait!" Eon Jin frantically scribbled all over her paper as she whined, "Unfair, I had more homework than you. I'm not done yet."
"It's okay Eon Jin." I smiled and tried to hold back my laughter. "Make sure you answer your questions properly first. I can make snacks while you finish up, okay?"
"Should I go wake up Brother now?" Jeong Gyu tried to change the subject as his sister pouted while working the last of her homework.
"Let him rest more." I paused while opening the fridge, "What do you want? Fruits?"
"Let's have Pepero!" Jeong Gyu smiled and ran over to the cabinet next to me.
"You should eat healthier snacks." I smiled at his excitement, he acted just like Taehyung when he gets excited for things. "How about..." I paused, still staring at the contents of the fridge. "Mangoes? I'll cut them up for you."
"Can you scoop ice cream instead?" Jeong Gyu ran over to me and shook me a bit as he tried to reach for the freezer handle.
"What if we eat some fruits and dinner first." I pulled out the mangoes and shut the fridge, "Then for dessert I can scoop ice cream."
"What will be for dinner?" Eon Jin asked from the table, still working on her homework.
"I don't know, we can ask your Brother after he wakes up." I washed the mangoes and began to cut them. "For now just have these and finish your homework."
"Thank you, (y/n)." Eon Jin exclaimed as I put the cut mangoes in a bowl and on the table in front of her.
"Yes thank you!" Jeong Gyu smiled as he began to eat a slice of mango, "Our Brother has never cut us fruit or anything before. This is nice!"
"You're welcome." I giggled at just the thought of Taehyung trying to cook, I doubt he was any good at it. "It's no problem." I sat down next to them, "Sorry if I scared you guys earlier, I'm sure you weren't expecting me to be here."
"That's okay." Eon Jin looked up from her worksheet to smile at me, "You are very nice and pretty and caring. You should come hangout with our Brother more so that we can see you more often too!"
"Thank you." I smiled at her, "I'll go check on him now, I'll be right back okay?"

With that I got up and walked towards the couch, leaving Jeong Gyu and Eon Jin at the table to keep snacking on the mangoes. They were so precious, adorable, and innocent. Taehyung is so lucky to have little siblings like them. As I walked over to him, I quickly became very curious as to how he took care of them. He was a nice older brother that took care of them, right? I mean if he worried so much about me, he has to worry about them too, right? I walked over to him and saw him still lying on the couch, sleeping. I placed my hand on his forehead, it seemed almost the normal temperature now. I smiled and turned away from him, ready to return to Eon Jin and Jeong Gyu when suddenly something grabbed my wrist, stopping me in my tracks. I turned to see Taehyung pouting as he lied on the couch.

"I thought you were here for me," he whined, "it's unfair that you are giving my siblings more attention."