Chapter 13

(y/n)'s POV:
Once class started, I cautiously turned back to look at Taehyung. He continued to cover his face and although his coughing and sneezing reduced, he still looked extremely sick. He literally looked as if he wanted to hide from the entire class. His black face mask wasn't even visible due to his slouched posture and arms folded on the desk. Any parts of his face that could be visible, were hidden under his burnt orange hair. As I got closer to him, I realized he actually could be sleeping. He was very sick after all.

"Taehyung." I gently shook him, my hand immediately burning up due to his hot temperature. He didn't wake up at all, so I shook him even more and raised my voice a bit. "Taehyung, come on, wake up."
"Mehhh..." He coughed before rubbing his eyes and pulling down his face mask. "Can I... sleep more?" His groggy voice caused me to giggle, especially since his sleepy form reminded me of a little toddler.
"Let's go to the nurse." I tried to lift him from his seat. "You're too sick to stay here."
"No~" He whined, slouching into his seat more. "What about you?"
"I'm not sick." I laughed, "You need to go home and rest, or you'll get worse."
"I-" He paused to cough, "d-don't trust the boys with you. I need to stay."
"Come on." I sighed, embarrassed. "Just let me take you to the nurse."
"I'm not that stupid." He buried his head deeper within his arms, "She'll send me home."
"What if.." I paused trying to think of something that would make him want to go to the nurse. "I visit you after school, if you go to the nurse then?"
"There'll be too much time," He coughed again, "o-of you with the boys, without me. Not happening."
"Ugh, Taehyung." I whined, "You can't stay here! What can I do that will make you go to the nurse?"
"Take me home." He looked up at me to smile, "And... Take care of me for the rest of the day."
"What?!" I nearly yelled back, embarrassed and nervous.
"Y-you heard me." He showed me his rectangular smile again, "I'm only going home if, you go with me."
"Will they even allow that?" I hoped that would make him choose something else for me to do.
"They can't send a sick student home alone plus, no one is at my house to take care of me. It's not like you are even going to miss much, I'm your partner for the project anyways."
"Fine." I sighed, "Let's go."

With that Taehyung stood up and stretched, nearly falling over. I giggled a bit but worried for him since he truly was very sick. I walked over to the teacher, who didn't even seem to notice that Taehyung was sick, to tell him I was taking V to the nurse. The teacher just kind of sadly looked at me, probably because Taehyung and I weren't really working on our project very much. It wasn't until Taehyung walked over and let the teacher feel his forehead, were we allowed to go to the nurse. Even at that the teacher was very disappointed and reluctant to let us leave the classroom. During the walk to the nurse, we didn't talk at all which was pretty awkward. The hallways would have been completely silent if it weren't for our footsteps and Taehyung's various coughs and sneezes. He was really sick, which made me wonder how long he actually was in that rain. Yesterday when I saw him, he was completely soaked, he must have been in the rain for a long time. Completely lost in thought, I didn't even realize we were at the nurse's office until I heard Taehyung's footsteps stop.

"I'll stay out here." I waved and motioned for Taehyung to walk in but he didn't open the door and just stood there. "What?"
"You're the one who wanted me to come to the nurse so bad." He quickly grabbed my wrist and opened the door, "You're coming in too."

Before I could say anything or stop him, he pulled me into the nurse's office and shut the door. The nurse looked at us, very confused, until Taehyung started coughing again. She kept her confused gaze at me, until I simply pointed at him. I was completely fine, I really didn't need to be here. I just awkwardly silently stood there as the nurse checked Taehyung's temperature and asked him various questions. He had a temperature of 38*C [100.4*F], which meant that he had to be sent home. As the nurse turned towards her desk to write up our dismissal notes, he walked over to me and rested his head on my shoulder. He felt extremely hot against my shoulder, I felt really bad for him. There's no way he's feeling okay, especially since he came to school this sick. I really can't believe him, did he really come here because he worried about me?

Both of us eventually left the nurse's office and school grounds. On the way Taehyung grabbed his scarf from his locker and put it on. The wind immediately sent chills down my spine as we walked down the sidewalk. It was the very end of winter, soon to be spring but it was still quite cold. Poor Taehyung looked like he was freezing. Shivering, sneezing, and coughing, he led me down the sidewalks and through the slightly busy streets. We took a different way than from where I saw him yesterday. His house was actually kind of far from that intersection and quite a distance from my house. When we reached his house, he unlocked the front door and let me in first. I walked in and took off my shoes and jacket, placing my shoes neatly against the door and folding my jacket to place on top of my shoes. Meanwhile, Taehyung simply dropped his scarf and jacket to form a pile on the floor and just slipped his shoes off next to that pile. He then walked up the stairs, to I assumed his room, while I neatly organized his shoes and folded his jacket and scarf. I smiled to see many pairs of little children's shoes also scattered around the front door.

"Taehyung!" I hollered up to him, completely unsure of what to do. "Can I come up?"
"Wait!" I heard him heavily coughing and frantic shuffling from upstairs.
"Are you okay?" I yelled up while pulling out my phone.
"I'm sick, remember?" Taehyung chuckled while walking down the stairs. I glanced over to him and noticed he changed into a white tank top and black shorts. I stopped myself from staring at him, he looked so handsome and cool despite being sick. Before I could say anything about his outfit, since he should be wearing long sleeves and warm clothes, he threw a big black pullover hoodie and gray sweatpants at me. "Here, you can have these so you don't have to wear your uniform for the rest of the day"
"T-thank you." I bowed, embarrassed. These were definitely his own clothes. "But shouldn't you be wearing these long sleeves."
"I'm going to lie on the couch." He waved before turning and walking down the hall. "Don't let me fall asleep."

I giggled at his last sentence, he was so weird. He's sick, he should be sleeping and resting. Despite my confusion, I aimlessly wandered throughout his house, looking for the bathroom so I could change. I hardly understood Taehyung. I still couldn't believe that he cared and worried about me. I eventually found the bathroom and went in to change. Once I was done changing, I put my uniform in my backpack and went around the house to find Taehyung. I found him sound asleep on the couch of his living room. He looked so adorable and completely relaxed under the layers of blankets he placed over himself. His breathing was steady despite being sick, his chest rose and fell evenly. I placed my hand on his forehead, his skin was still burning to the touch. I smiled at how adorable he was and let him continue to sleep, he needed the rest. With nothing to really do, I laid down on the carpet next to the couch. My eyelids soon felt heavy and I struggled to stay awake, before I completely fell asleep on the floor.