2021 Special :)

author's note: hey i'm back, hope you enjoy! i actually smile a lot when i see all of the comments, votes, and etc. it really brightens my day, so thank you a lot and i hope to keep making work you like! also i know i've said it like a million times, but i'm really dedicated this time so i'm publishing more stories for you guys and i'm not going to let myself delete them anymore either. i hope you enjoy those too! i'm working on a rewrite of this story and i'm hoping to gain the confidence to publish the other stories i've been hoarding as drafts forever.
---------

(y/n)'s pov:
"Taehyungie~" I poked the boy next to me as he was scrolling through his phone, "Remember the other day when you promised me you'd get me whatever I wanted to eat, but I let you pick instead?"
"That sounds like everyday..." He laughed, smiling as he pinched my cheek, "You're always too indecisive so I just pick the meals."
"Well, today I want macarons!" I beamed as Taehyung put his phone down and looked at me in utter disbelief.
"What?" He exclaimed, "How do you expect me to manage that?" He laughed, laying down on my lap to look up at me, "I mean, how am I supposed to get them with all the bakeries closed? It's nearly midnight."
"I know, I know..." I sighed while running my hand through his hair, "But I suddenly really want some; I saw a video of them being made and now I want some."
"Wait, did the video look difficult?" A gleam in Taehyung's eyes appeared, "Maybe I could make them for you!"
"Uhhh, I don't want to sound mean," I paused, "but I think it'll be really difficult. We could just make pancakes or something easy instea-"
"Shhh!" Taehyung interrupted, putting his finger in front of my mouth as he smiled up at me. "I'm going to try it!" He got up and stretched before turning back to me, "Anything you want, I will try my best to get you!" Giving me a quick peck on the lips, "After all, you've already given me everything I could ever want by being mine!" With that he smiled and ran to the kitchen.

A tiny sigh escaped my lips as I sent Taehyung the link to the video; once he was determined to do something, there was absolutely no stopping him. Although it was extremely cute to see him so excited to make me something, my request was strange and frankly, I didn't expect him to really try to get me macarons. After all, we could just eat something else. If he wasn't so fixated on preparing the pastry, I would've been content just eating whatever he wanted.

"(y/n)!" Taehyung whined from the kitchen, "How is this a tutorial video?" I entered the kitchen to see him, pouting at me as he pointed at his laptop. "There's no measurements or anything mentioned anywhere!"
"That's the whole aesthetic of her videos!" I laughed, "It just shows the process of them being made!" Taehyung shot me a look of pure devastation, frustration, and sadness.
"But then how am I supposed to recreate it for you?"
"Do you want me to find a recipe for it online?" I offered, "But really, I don't mind eating anything you make!"
"Don't worry, I'll find the recipe on my own! That way it'll be more of a surprise for you!" Taehyung devilishly smiled, "I'm up for the challenge of making these things."
"Alright, alright." I laughed, ruffling his hair a bit. "Do you want help or anything?"
"Nope!" He stuck his tongue out as he pushed me away from the kitchen, "I just want you to relax and enjoy the meal when it's done!"

I slightly shook my head as I sat at the kitchen counter, so I could watch Taehyung attempt to recreate the dish. Since I had already watched the entire video, I knew that Taehyung would simply not be able to recreate the dish in the same capacity, so I was curious about his methods. Plus, it was absolutely adorable to see the boy determinedly bake - even though I was pretty sure he hasn't even successfully made a box cake before. 

As the night continued, Taehyung got more and more covered in flour, batter, and whatever else he as putting in the macarons. While I giggled at his messy attempts at piping the macarons on the tray, the already sinfully adorable boy pouted, making the entire scene even more heartwarming and cute.

"You know, even if these taste horrible, I'm really glad you were so insistent on making them yourselves." I smiled as I kept watching from my spot in the kitchen.
"No, they'll taste great!" Taehyung beamed before patting his messy hands on his apron, "They're full of my love~" He sang with a huge smile on his face.
"Woah, stop you're making my teeth ache already! You're too sweet!" I paused as Taehyung held up hand hearts to me, "Although, I feel like every one of your fans would pay thousands of dollars to see you do this, and ask you to do it everyda-"
"Shh! No!" Taehyung quickly shuffled over to me, swiping batter across my cheek, "This is only for you!" He smiled, looking directly at me, "This part of me is exclusively yours. No one else makes me even nearly as happy, so even if I tried my best and used the same recipe and everything, I wouldn't be able to give anyone else a moment as perfect as this one with you."