8- "We call this air dancing, baby & its completely original."

VANSH

It would seem absolutely ridiculous to write your guest's name on a piece of paper, raise it above your head for that person see and recognize you outside the airport. Such was the case of strangers but the guest I was about to pick up wasn't a stranger. Far from that, actually. And that's exactly why I did this.

A couple of minutes ago, I received a call from her, informing me that she landed. Excitement bubbled inside of me at the anticipation of seeing her. I even took a half day leave, saving her from the endless wait.

Both of us wore a grinning smile, the moment our eyes met. She walked forward, dragging her bag like suitcase along. Upon seeing her name plate, she facepalmed, still smiling. “Now why am I not surprised?”

“You shouldn't be. It shows that you still haven't forgotten about me.”

She took her name plate and raised her head to me, her eyes softening. “I haven't forgotten about any one of you. You have no idea how much I missed you guys. I just...” She trailed off, stepping forward and the next moment I was hugging this beautiful blonde.

“Welcome of Boston, Lisanna Harrington!” I said after we parted.

She chuckled before placing a friendly kiss on my cheek. “You better make it worth it, Vansh.”

~

Lisa and I had promised to visit each other atleast once, during my stay here. She had already fulfilled her part by coming here today. She would be staying at my apartment for the weekend. Since she was tired from the long three hour flight, she stole the afternoon away by taking a nice baby nap. She slept on my bed (after lots of insisting) while I slept on the living room. At evening, we took a short walk around the locality although it was clear that none of us were in the mood to explore any further.

“So how's Boston so far?”

I rubbed my chin, “Well to be completely honest, I haven't explored the place much. So far I've only seen Harvard University, Central park and the market. I know, I know, it's been more than a month but can you blame me? I never got enough time or someone to accompany me to. It's boring to explore alone.”

“What about the friends that you made here? That Pakistani guy you mentioned about?”

“Irfan, huh. I wouldn't go as far as to claim him my buddy. More like an acquaintance. We talk in the office and sometimes hang out during lunch but that's all it. I talk to almost everyone in my group. They are friendly but some are weird.” I shrugged.

“Aw!” she said, pulling a sympathetic face. “Don't worry, now that I'm here, we'll dissect this city.”

“That's my intention,” I said enthusiastically and raised my head, viewing the descending, orange sun in the space between the tall buildings. “Wanna head back?”

“Sure,” she said, fishing out her smartphone and turned on the camera. Then positioning it above her head, she motioned me to stand beside her. “But first things first. Here, take a selfie since you're tall.”

After having dinner, we made ourselves comfortable, sitting at the ends of the sofa. The conversation got flowing as we talked about our daily lives and work.

“It's the first time I've witnessed a guy talking that much. It's like someone had left his mad dog to chase after him. My ears couldn't take it,” I complained about Irfan.

She chuckled, “I think Georgia and that colleague of yours would compete with each other. They would be a perfect match. Hey, you mentioned having an Indian too in your team. Not to forget Shreya too. I mean what are the chances that you happen to reconcile with your classmate at your workplace? Don't you ever talk to them.”