13- "Take us to the Great Wall of China."

13- “Take us to the Great Wall of China.”

VANSH

Who could have ever guessed that I'd receive a heartbreaking news on a bright Monday morning?

While delivering my shit to the toilet seat.

I couldn't guess if I was shitting myself more from the shock that Ahana delivered through the phone or from my stomach getting moody. “Will you kindly walk yourself out of that shithole first? I swear I can smell your gas from here,” Ahana's voice reverberated through the bathroom since the phone was kept near the sink on loudspeaker. After washing my hands, I exited the bathroom, taking my phone along.

“Tell me if you need me to talk to your father. I- I can convince him,” I told her, trying to keep a straight voice. I had no problem with talking to her father. I just didn't know how to convince him when we weren't in the position to convince ourselves. Maybe I'll request him to give us some time. Yeah, that sounded like a plan. I'll even pay a visit, who knows? But I sure as hell wouldn't leave without giving a black eye to the brat who proposed her. I admit that was gutsy but honestly, I didn't give two shits about it.

Ahana laughed, much to my shock after I voiced out my thoughts. “Look, I know it sounds serious but it isn't. Atleast not as much we are picturing out to be. I was feeling the same as you before. I was scared, angry, helpless but the situation is better than before now. I've explained it to my parents in a way that they won't think about searching for a groom for the time being. And I even told Papa to give us some time. You can chill, phil baby.”

And I did by letting out a relieved sigh, “Now I can go on with the rest of the day without shitting myself to death.”

“Hmm...”

Okay, that 'hmm' didn't sound too convincing, “Is there another problem?”

“Not a problem per say...” She trailed off while I waited anxiously. “It's just that I feel guilty for not responding to Piyush properly. I kind of lashed out on him. He hasn't been talking to me ever since. It's been only three days but still...”

I let out a chuckle, “Now why does this give me a deja vu feeling? I almost feel bad for him now. Like 0.001 percent almost,” I paused, thinking about the situation seriously. It didn't make me feel good. “Ahana, I know it sounds ridiculous but maybe... we should return back to the relationship.”

“No!” she denied right away. “That isn't why we took this break, Vansh. I don't want us to be together because of outside influences. It wouldn't be real. I want us to be together when we want to... when our hearts tell us to. Then only we'll truly be together.”

“I know, I know that. It's just...” I trailed off, slumping down on the sofa and running a hand through my hair. “Your future scares me now,” I admitted, my voice low. If she were to get married elsewhere— Maybe I wasn't feeling as much right now but I'm sure if it happened, it would crush me for life.

“My future is in my hands, no one else's. And you, my dear, play a huge part in it so please stop worrying, otherwise I'll regret telling this to you. I just want to be honest with you, not to hamper your daily life. So go to bath, wear a nice suit, fill yourself with omelete or bread and go to office. Okay?”

I did as she told— it was a part of my routine anyway. I immersed myself in my work as usual except, my mind couldn't relax at all. And when it didn't relax, it paved way to some disastrous scenarios. What if that asshat tries to woo her and her parents again? What if her parents liked him better than me? Oh, wait, I suppose they already did. Worse, what if she found him better than me? Indeed we had a history of four and a half year relationship but so did that bastard, who had been friends with her since school. I knew I wasn't supposed to be worried unnecessarily when she assured me but tell that to a guy who is staying ten thousand kilometers away from his girl. Anything could happen while I was here. It wasn't something I could take control over and that's what scared me the most.