11- "Let's get bored together. We'll be less bored that way."

« VANSH »

Our team members were gearing up for the weekly meet up. Files were shuffled, voices were muffled while the chairs were being shifted in the direction of the white board. Meanwhile, Irfan was inserting his pen drive into the CPU to display his presentation for today. “Heads up here, guys,” he announced, attracting attention to all the members in the room. “So today we are here to discuss the (insert technical terms). We'll start with the transverse section of block A.” With that he clicked on auto play.

There was a blank white screen at first. A diagram was to be expected next but instead, there was an unexpected sound. Or rather a music that everyone recognized all too well. And then—

“Oppa Gangnam style~”

The room that was seriously silent,  moments ago turned into a series of snickers and laughs. Even Richie couldn't help but titter. Natasha and another teammate Angie had already started shaking their heads to the tune. “Op- op- op- op- oppa gangnam style...” they lip synced while another man was in the verge of performing that horse like dance step. Everyone fell for it, except one man. A red faced man named Irfan. While I watched my teammates reactions, feeling fucking high and mighty about it, I knew I was going to be a dead man after this meeting. Infact, if looks could kill, I would have died way earlier.

Before any of us could hear a popular song being heard after ages, Irfan switched the damn thing off. “No, why, dude?... My apologies,” Gary apologized when he witnessed those same raging eyes of Irfan that tried to burn me earlier.

Luckily, we had a friendly but only sometimes moody team leader, who didn't take the issue too seriously. He actually liked the surprise but also warned to not let it happen again, despite Irfan's constant attempts to claim that he was framed. Feels good in becoming the old Vansh again.

.

“Why?” I reasoned dramatically as I searched for the desired files in my computer, only to find the message 'Not found'. Now it was Irfan to throw a smile at me.

“You effing deserved it, man,” he spoke maliciously before walking away. What's his problem? Can't he take a fucking joke.

I felt a pat behind my back. “You had it coming, honey. You totally did,” Natasha gave her condolences. “By the way, that was an effective wake up call. I swear I was a minute close from blacking out.”

I rubbed a finger against my forehead, “In other words, you were sleepy.”

“Well, duh, same thing.”

Can anyone tell me why I was associating myself with these two weirdos again?

~

I had a love- hate relationship with my boss, Richie. He was a good person, considering he was our boss but just because he was the boss, he couldn't be entirely good. It was the universal truth.

I say this as I attend a seminar with my newfound companions, Natasha and Irfan on a Saturday afternoon. Richie, our great, great man, decided that it was okay to force us, junior architects, into a two hour seminar that talked about the architecture today, as if we were born a century earlier. It wasn't even affiliated to our company. What was he thinking?