18- "I was simply messing with your lipstick."

18- "I was simply messing with your lipstick." 💄

VANSH

The surprise trip to New York was quite eventful to say the least. Tiring too. Since we only had a day and night to spare, we had to make the most out of it. Previously there was a tug of war going on whether we should head back or stay, which could be simplified as Natasha versus me, with Irfan stuck in the middle. When I pleaded her to stop complaining, she finally agreed but with one condition.

Irfan and I had to entertain her.

We both knew what 'entertainment' meant in her 'dick-ionary' so obviously we denied. It was a disturbing morning with all three of us arguing about God knows what anymore until a music show airing Hindi songs caught her attention. She challenged Irfan and me to dance on whatever Hindi song it aired next. Not as friends but as a couple. She promised she wouldn't utter a single word of protest if we did that.

Then what? We did our thing. Even Irfan realized that he had to go along with this chick's outrageous request, if he wanted a peace of mind. To make matters worse, the next song was an old item number- Ghajra re. Now imagine how it would look, with me shaking my non existent assets in Aishwarya Rai's style and Irfan role- playing as Abhishek and Amitabh Bachchan, hitting on me. We then held each other waists (as per madame request) and danced along, with the sound of Natasha's laughter reverberating throughout the room. She was about to take a video of us, saying she wanted to make Dostana two, but we stopped her. The whole thing was so comical that even we couldn't help but laugh along. It was like enacting strangely memorable.

Thereafter we visited the Metropolitan museum of art, viewed the city from the Empire state building, and ended our evening with Statue of Liberty.

Two days had passed after my return from New York, when I received a call from Ahana. Her voice sounded strained while she talked. I asked her if that Pi- fuck brat (that's how I call him in my mind) wrecked something again. It had been more than two weeks since then. While she clearly denied it, there was an uncertainty in her voice. Like she was hiding something.

"I have to tell you something. Just promise that you'll be patient enough to listen to my story then you can have your say." She told me and my heart started beating faster at the anticipation. I gave her my word, although from the way she worded out, I could already tell I wasn't going to like it. I drank a glass of water and braced myself to listen.

The only thing that my hot headed mind could pick up from her and Pi- fuck's ridiculous date was what they did at the end. She kissed him. She bloody kissed the guy who proposed himself in front of her parents. The nerve of that guy! The nerve of this girl! I didn't care about the nature of the kiss. A kiss was a kiss, less sexual or not. And you thought that her date was shocking enough.

I wasn't one of those over obsessive punks who would get jealous of every man that passed your way. I wouldn't have minded if she went on a date and kissed another guy. Fine, I might have minded a little, but it was understandable because that's kind of a rule we laid out for each other. But Pi- fuck? Why him of all people? Was he trying to sweep her off her feet?

"I can understand your anger, Vansh. I'm terribly sorry," she apologized guiltily while still on line, "but be assured that it was one- time date. Anything like that is likely to ever happen again. Still, it's cute how you're jealous for me."

"Ahana," I interrupted, abruptly. "I'm not in a mood of jokes right now."

"Oh, okay, I'm sorry again." She paused while I contemplated over to keep the conversation going or not. After a pause, she spoke again. Cautiously. "If- if you want, you can kiss someone too."