BONUS Chapter

[This is just a small scene from their honeymoon. Enjoy!

Also, can we imagine that Stupid in Love took place in 2009- 2010 so now it's 2018. Okay? Okay.]

« VANSH »

"Took you long enough."

"Yeah," I replied as I made my way towards the pond where my beautiful wife stood, bathed in the garden lights. "Been preparing stuff for you- know- what."

"Oh," Ahana's brow raised in recognition. "You mean that! Is everything prepared?"

"Everything's in order, wifey." We shared a smile at that and linked our arms together. We basked in the silence while listening to the fireflies in the garden and the waves of the sea from afar. I stole a glance at her. She was covered in a long, chiffon magenta dress with light floral designs, adding a layer to her beauty. Her hair was down, loosely tied with a pin. Her strands swayed slightly against the night chill air. Her face had a certain glow and it wasn't just because of the garden lights either.

Standing next to her; away from our loved ones; away from our responsibilities in a corner of a world- it all felt too surreal. I would often recall our crazy wedding and ask if it was real. I had a hard time believing I was married- That this Vansh Baweja was married (twice that is) but the rings bearing on our ring fingers didn't lie. Neither did the small mark of vermilion on top of Ahana's forehead.

And even though I was standing on the lowest ground- I felt like I was on top of the world.

"Let's head for dinner," I whispered gently. She raised her head from my shoulder and smiled, making my heart leap for the millionth time. I wouldn't mind experiencing it for another million times.

After a comfortable dinner, we headed upstairs to our hotel room. We had enough dose of Sydney and the opera house for today. The city could wait for tomorrow but I wasn't sure if the bed or the surprise waiting in the room could.

The surprise exposed itself in form of a projector, facing the direction of the wall. I turned on my laptop connecting to the projector and turned the lights off. We sat on the edge of the bed. I clicked on the video that was sent to us.

"Let's see what Lisa's got for us."

And pressed on play.

The first thing that popped up was a white screen that credited the one who put it all together and that she was glad she got the opportunity to make something like this. In the end, she only hoped we would like it and treasure it for lifetime. The present slide faded to the next. It captioned.

"2009."

"Oh my God, this is... I remember giving this to you..." Ahana whispered happily as she placed a hand over her mouth in excitement. A photo zoomed out bringing some light into the room.

It was a selfie clicked by Ahana of us before we were about to ride the Slingshot. One of the few rides we rode in Canada Wonderland. I remembered it all too well. It was the day Ahana and I befriended each other by exchanging phone numbers at night.

The day where our story began.

It was as if Lisa read the timing of our thoughts as the caption read- The day it all began. Ahana squealed in delight while I grinned. We were already beaming with happiness.

Basically the still movie we were watching was a collection of pictures of Ahana and me from the time we met to the present day. It was my plan initially. Suggested Ahana to make a picturesque summary of our journey and compile them in an album book. Instead she suggested a slideshow styled movie. It would have been boring if we had put them all together so we selected our pictures seperately without letting the other person know and send them all to Lisa to combine them. Being a graphic artist, she was more than happy to help.