16- "That's brutal love to its finest."

16- “That's brutal love to its finest.”

VANSH

I was watching TV when the stalker showed his sorry ass in front of me (after attending the bathroom and kitchen). He slumped on the sofa at a considerable distance and began watching a reality show I was watching. Nothing was spoken for a few minutes, except for the people speaking behind the screen. Soon the advertisements popped up.

“Gotta admit to your level of shameless- ness though,” I commented implying on the obvious.

“Gotta admit to your level of insanity too, for letting me in,” he threw back. His gaze dropped to the small basket that lay a few apples. He picked one and dug his teeth in it. “Don't mind me.”

This motherfucker! “I think it's high time you kick out of my house. Or maybe I should let Natasha know about your whereabouts,” I informed, picking up my phone.

“Sure, go ahead,” he replied, playing cool. “Wherever I go and die is of no concern to that woman. She'll only whip my ass about troubling you later.”

Damn, this was starting to irk me. “Seriously, what kind of relationship do you two share?”

“Or rather shared. Man, this piece is good,” he complimented about the apple and took another bite. The sound of him gobbling on his apple with his teeth nerved me but I restrained. After finishing his apple, he threw it on the empty plate and got up. “Thanks for letting me stay over and, yeah, for that apple too.”

It was evident he didn't want to disclose their personal details to me. I felt stupid for asking. “Yeah, whatever.” 

He swiveled his head around, observing the apartment. “Must be pretty lonely living alone. Boston's a nice place though. Wish I had more time and opportunity to explore. That cold hearted bitch. She refuses to tour with me, even though she knows I've never stepped out of the country before... She did take me to the public garden though.”

“You mean it's your first time?”

He nodded, appearing to be sulking. “Uh- huh. It sucks. Feels like I came here for almost nothing. I'm leaving after two days. We are over.”

I wasn't going to lie, I actually felt bad for the man. “That indeed sucks. Your grandeur efforts went to waste. Was it even worth it?”

“Worth it? Are you shitting me? It was totally worth it! It didn't went as I planned. It hurts, but in the end, I got to spend some precious time with her. That's enough to live for now.”

“You really do love her,” I pointed out with a laugh.

He agreed, drawing out a sigh and looked beyond the door again, appearing to be lost. It was a few seconds later when he spoke. “Do you know why rose represent love? The petals, they represent the sappy part while thorns equal to pain. We all know that shit but that ain't it. You see, everyone can accept those harmless petals but try to love when those same thorns pierce your flesh, again and again,” he said and walked a step closer to face me, his eyes welling up, “When each breath feels like a loads worth of cash, when you wanna rip your heart out because it hurts that fucking much. When love goes out to suffocate you... so much that not even your own dick can stand up to it. That's brutal love to its finest.”