33- "One who bears the queen will have my heart."

33- “The one who bears the queen will have my heart.”

« AHANA »

It was eight in the morning when my lousy eyes braced a new day. While starting the day with a glass of lemon water, I checked my smartphone and indeed there was a new message from Vansh. As always.

“I hate waking up 'cause it ends my dreams with you. Good morning. ;)”

I could feel my own lips widening like a fool. To show that I was grateful for his good morning message, I typed a quick reply—

Red alert, everyone! The hunkiest man in the world has risen. Good morning to you too, Mister. ☀

It had become a tradition now. Ever since that fateful night, Vansh and I have been religiously exchanging 'Good morning' messages to each other. Without fail. Vansh was the first to start this tradition. Not even a morning passed by, when he didn't message me. And that was when it had been two months.

I lied down to bed, reminiscing the past month with glee. The cute yet hilarious messages we exchanged, the numerous voice and video calls we had. How ironic was it that we couldn't meet, even though we were living in the same city. Miraculously, we kept the promise of not meeting each other. More like I did. Though that didn't lessen my desire to see him.

I'd like to think Vansh kept his promise of being honest, too. Maybe a bit too honest. He would often send pictures of any unfortunate incident happening to him, and let's just say some of them were quite unpleasant. Like how he sent a picture of his dirty shoe dipped in bird shit while I was having breakfast. Some of his other unfortunate shots included him stuck in traffic, his car getting repaired, his ten day old bread slightly covered in moss and a picture of him with a female collegue who wanted to be his friend. But the one that topped them all was the one he sent me once, during office lunch. He had already warned me against anyone seeing it. I braced myself for the worst but what he sent next, wasn't anything I imagined.

It was a full nude picture of him, taking a shower. Did I mention he had a wild, raging boner?

My reaction to that picture was something I didn't like to recall (and no, I wasn't grossed out). Now I couldn't take revenge by sending a nude picture of me, knowing how physically pleased he would be. Instead, I sent a recording of me (fake) flirting with a male collegue. Ah, the wonders of friendship.

Friendship, my foot!

The promise of no dates and no sex was well intact, but when it came to keeping strictly friendship between us— it was an epic fail.

The moment I saw his face on Skype for the first time after we reconciled— I blew a kiss on the screen. His hair was well groomed, his face was shaved. If that wasn't all, then he just had to go all formal, wearing a black suit for an important meeting. It made him look two years older. I swear he asked for my suggestion on purpose. He looked so undeniably hot that I couldn't help blurting how I wanted to bite him. Not to mention how badly I wanted to fuck him there and then, but thankfully, my mouth was intelligent enough to resist that.

In other words, I was complete and an utter idiot.

Eventually we crossed the line of friendship, sending sweet and complimentary messages. Sometimes our chats would be romantic while sometimes, they would turn the kind of dirty that I wouldn't dare open in public. All those video calls and chats, accumulated enough libido I became afraid of what would become of us when we meet face to face. We mutually agreed upon not meeting in his apartment.