Epilogue (Part I)

Glossary-

Baarat- It is a groom's wedding procession to travel to the wedding venue on a horse, accompanied by his family members.

Sherwani- a knee-length coat buttoning to the neck worn by men. Similar to British frock coat, and
Churidar- tight trousers.

Varmala- is an Indian wedding garland symbolic of the popular marriage ceremony. It is made up of roses, carnations, marigolds, and orchids.

* * *

“Dearly beloved, we are gathered here in the sight of God to unite Mister Vansh Baweja and Miss Ahana Mishra in holy matrimony. During their time together, they have seen their love grow and blossom, and now they have decided to live out the rest of their lives as one. On this occasion we begin by asking God's blessing on this marriage service. Let us pray...”

Upon Priests request, the witnesses present in the church joined their hands together in prayer. Their friends Dhruv, Pragya and Lisa were one of them. As they closed their eyes to pray, they began to reminisce the events that led them here and wondered what the hell were they doing. Sure, they loved their two friends. They couldn't be more happier but did Ahana and Vansh have to pull all the dramatic stops in their own goddamn wedding. They glanced at them again and sighed. Who were they kidding to? Of course they would do this.

Few hours ago.

What would you do if you were friends with both the bride and the groom? Whose side would you be in?

It was a recurring pressing matter between his college friends, Dhruv, Pragya, Lisa, Tripti, Chad and Mark. They wanted to support both of but couldn't since they couldn't be at two different places at the same time. In the end, they took the easy way out with the boys heading over to the groom's side while the girls gathered at Ahana's house.

The following afternoon was a memorable chaos. Both Ahana and Vansh wouldn't stop blabbering their mouths. It was their way of dealing with excitement and nervousness. Dhruv wondered if anyone would believe if he said Ahana and Vansh hadn't contacted each other all week, forget meeting face to face. No, it wasn't a couple fight or an egoistic competition. It was their thing. They wanted to relish the old tradition of a bride and groom by not speaking to each other before marriage, just to make it twice as more exciting. If one of them wanted to convey a message regarding marriage preparations, they turned to their middle channel— Vansh's ex roommate, Piyush. For the past week Piyush's job, other than his actual job had been receiving and sending messages from one person to another as a digital postman. Dhruv almost felt sorry for the fella. Almost. Then again, Vansh and Piyush had gotten remarkably close the past year as roommates so he would be lying if it didn't make him jealous in the slightest.

Although, Dhruv didn't have to be insecure about it when he had been working in the same office as Vansh for the past five months. He finally plucked up the courage to shift in Delhi, to move away from his noisy joint family for the betterment of his career. Currently, he lived in PG with a roomate.

A few minutes later, Dhruv received a message from Pragya. It was a picture of her and the rest of the girls, getting their hair styled in the parlor. His gaze lingered on Lisanna and her blonde curls for seconds before showing the picture to other boys. A lot had changed for Lisa in the past few months. She was no longer Lisanna Harrington but Lisanna Westcott, wife of Hugo Westcott. Unsurprisingly, she was the first one amongst their group to get married, even if it was only three months ago. Theirs was a whirlwind romance. Hugo and Lisa started dating, a month after Vansh and Ahana's unofficial engagement. According to Pragya, things were so great between them that Lisa became convinced it was destiny. Like what were the chances that you crossed paths with a stranger, with whom you spent a non-sexual night in Las Vegas. Lisa did. From what Dhruv heard, Hugo was a nice person. He appeared to be stoic and disciplined from the outside but was a big softie inside. He was quite romantic, too. It was evident from the way he proposed to Lisa at a boat ride by the river, surrounded by autumn greenery. He was everything that Dhruv wasn't.