29- "We are on the road to La la land."

29- “We are on the road to La la land.”

« AHANA »

I was lost in my own euphoria as I explored the fields with Vansh. However, sooner did I realize, the world didn't revolve around me.

That blissful bubble of ours popped up as soon as Vansh and I witnessed Pragya comforting a distressed Lisa in her arms when we returned. Lisa wasn't tearing up but from her bloodshot eyes alone, you could tell that she had been crying for a while. Pragya quickly filled in, detailing how harshly Lisa had dumped Dhruv while we love birds were away. Blatantly ignoring the word Pragya used for Vansh and me, I went to verbally comfort Lisa instead.

“Um, sorry to interrupt you, Liz, but can you tell me which way you went?” Vansh interrupted.

Lisa sniffed, "But Dhruv doesn't want anyone to interrupt him. I think we should leave him alone for a while.”

Vansh scratched his head, “Well, I'm assuming it's been a while since you left him and we came back. He's gotten enough time to cry and mope on his own. It's time I snap that dumbass. You girls wait while I go and put some sense in his head. Tell me the way.”

Vansh patted Lisa's head after she gave him the directions she and Dhruv went to. “No worries, Liz, everything will be fine eventually. Just remember one thing— you are not at fault for what happened. Neither the one crying over there. Call me if anything happens. I'll be back soon.”

Shooting a reassuring smile at us, Vansh went to fetch Dhruv. I glanced at Lisa who seemed to be slightly better after what Vansh said. Was it just me or did Vansh seem more mature than before? Even while I was with him earlier, there was some sort of understanding in his actions. It reminisced me of the time when I was unsure of my career choice, but he erased my doubt away with his hilarious, yet insightful speech. He was kind of resembling that old Vansh now.

Vansh returned with Dhruv twenty minutes later. We didn't waste time waiting anymore and soon resumed our road trip. As compared to the kickass atmosphere at the beginning of the journey, it was the complete opposite now. Even the songs playing in the radio couldn't turn things around. While Lisa was speaking in two or three words, Dhruv on the other hand, was complete aloof and silent. He didn't seem especially sad. Just indifferent. His expressions were hard to read because, well...

“We are inside the car, Dhruv. There's hardly any sunlight reflecting from your end. Remove your sunglasses,” I voiced out when I couldn't stand him wearing those huge pair of black sunglasses anymore.

“It's my wish,” Dhruv replied, his tone cold.

It's mai wiish~” Vansh repeated his words in a high pitch voice, earning a few giggles from the girls. Dhruv remained unfazed as ever. I was beginning to feel sorry for him.

The low- key teasing went on for sometime with no satisfactory response from either Dhruv or Lisa. Pragya being a hot- head, couldn't take it in and decided to spur some drama by stopping the car in the middle of nowhere.

“I swear if you people suffocate me with all that negativity any further— I'll fucking taking a U turn to Delhi and no one will stop me.” When we started protesting against it, she turned to Lisa giving her a accusing look. “It's your fault, Liz. You chose the worst time to end things. No one's even guessing the destination anymore.”

Hurt crossed over Lisa's face. Despite that she replied, “But you were the one to stop the car, Pragya. You gave me that chance.”

That shut her up. Only for a moment though. “I didn't expect that at first. If you knew my stupid brother would react like that, then you should have—”