25- "Since when did cliches became a reality?"

25- “Since when did cliches became a reality?”

« AHANA »

“Pragya?”

I looked behind me but she was nowhere to be seen. Swiveled my head in all directions but no avail. I quickly reverted my attention back to the conveyer belt, just in time to see two familiar luggages and a black bag at a distance, moving my way. “Jeez, looks like I'll have to pull them all by myself.”

I was about to pull the black bag out of the conveyer belt when someone else beat me to it. Someone in peach kaftan top and black jeans. “Sorry, nature calls,” Pragya explained herself quickly before I asked. She dropped the bag with a thump and placed a hand on her hip, “Let's carry this bag together. It will be good exercise for our hands. You take one strap while I take the other.”

I shook my head in dismay and got hold of the bag, “What's inside? It's freaking heavy.”

“A dead body cut to pieces.”

“For today's dinner?”

“For today's dinner.”

And the next instant, we laughed followed by a high five. Thus, we got moving.

We stopped after we exited the International Airport, taking a good first sight of our surroundings. Sunlight descended upon us hard and bright while the ground bore some heaps of sand. We shared a mutual look of excitement and smiled. “Quick, let's hurry to the hotel. I can barely wait.” I grinned.

“Yes!”

After checking into the hotel, we brought our luggage to room number 707 at the seventh floor. It wasn't locked as someone else had already checked in before us. The door opened to reveal a small, blonde girl in brown top and bright green shorts. Her blue eyes twinkled in recognition as they found us and the smile which was already there, turned into full blown grin.

“I can't believe we are here,” she said. Pragya and I shared a questionable look before our hands reached out to pinch her cheek. Hard. “Ow, ow, I get it. This is reality.”

“Liz, Pragya,” I called both of them, getting emotional all of a sudden. I couldn't believe this was happening either. Couldn't believe that they were right here, in front of my eyes. I needed to feel them. “I freaking missed you guys.”

They said the same and then we were all hugging and jumping at each other. My heart was practically bouncing off the roof. This was the reality. Now that the launcher had been prepared, all we needed was to set off our energy.

“What are you doing?” Pragya asked from behind as I dashed off to the balcony.

“Living,” I answered jokingly before coming face to face with the bright scenery before me. A rectangular lawn lay below me surrounded by the boundary wall. Beyond that wall, you could view a spectacular part of the city. Hotels filled the area, left and right, built in crazy structures and themes. One could view the Eiffel Tower themed hotel as well as the Disney one from here. There were the hippies, the blondes and the blacks walking on the roads in groups. It was variety rolled into one. There was something in the air. I could feel it. I took that all in, blinked and yelled at the top of my voice—

“AHOY, LAS VEGAS!”

My voice pierced through the room like a bullet and spread like a bomb, bringing attention to my friends as well as the onlookers from below. Pragya and Lisa scurried over to my side and backed me up. “Las Vegas Ahoy! we yelled in sync. We barely visited a place and yet we were going bonkers. That's exactly what this place did to people. It made them go wild.