26- "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas."

AHANA

Fremont Street Experience was the largest and the most well known entertainment district at Las Vegas. At the center of this street was Viva Vision— the world's largest video screen. While it felt adventurous at the nature made Great Canyon, I felt wildly pumped up at this man made place. This was the kind of place that screamed you to get drunk and go wild. It had everything, from restaurants to strip clubs, from casinos to the world's most largest slot machine. Pragya, Lisa and I had the entire day to ourselves, exploring Venice themed resort (because duh, gondola rides is not only for couples you know). We even had a small nap in the afternoon so as to prepare ourselves for the big night. Our intention was to stay awake till the first ray of dawn.

“Tonight we'll be on our own. You are free to do the hell you want... without us.” Pragya stressed on the last two words.

“Why are you saying this while looking at me?” Lisa enquired suspiciously.

“Samajne wala sab samaj jaata hai, (The one who wants to understand, understands everything)” Pragya teased in Hindi and shared a hi five with me.

Obviously Lisa couldn't understand that. “You take me very lightly, don't you? Just watch you two. I'm going to have best night amongst you. The best of the best!” Lisa challenged, stomping on her feet like a child as we laughed. For some reason, we were taking great pleasure in mocking each other.

“Aw, I'm sure you will. I'll cheer for you,” I assured Lisa, wrapping my arm around her. “As for Pragya, I'm sure she had decided who she will spend the night with.”

“Depends on whether Deep shows up or not. If everything goes well, then I might just get lucky tonight.”

Lisa and I whistled together when she winked. Remember the group of boys we encountered on our way from Great Canyon? Since they were staying at the same hotel as us, naturally we crossed paths again this morning. Deep or Deepak was one of them and he just happened to take a special interest in Pragya. They planned to meet tonight.

“Believe it or not, Ahana's night is going to the best,” Pragya declared, almost making me blush. She then added in a whisper, “The moment you meet what's- his- name, just grab him by the balls.”

“Masochist.” And the next moment we laughed. We wished each other luck and told to keep updating our progress on our group chat. None of us knew where we would end up tomorrow and that was the most exciting part. It was almost like playing the Hangover movie, except in girls version.

My friends were obviously expecting me to spend the night with Kunal but I was highly doubting it. I had no idea of his whereabouts or whether he was still staying in Las Vegas. We never planned to meet. We just expected to cross paths on our own. Who knows, maybe we will. I'll just keep walking

An hour later.

I guess I was watching too many rom- coms to believe that shit. But that didn't mean I was waiting for him like a loyal, traditional wife. In that one hour, I tried out the slot machine and even competed with a stranger on a video game. 

I was walking ahead for my next task of the night when my mobile pinged. It was Lisa.

"Bakra mil gaya. 😋"

(Goat found.)

“Oh my God, Lisa, you—” I bursted into fits of laughter, almost losing my stand in the process. Back then, the three of us had questioned on a girl code, in case we found a guy for the night. Pragya came up with this while I lied about it's meaning to Lisa on purpose. I can't believe she believed us. That poor, innocent girl.