21- "Only a bitch can bite another bitch."

21- “Only a bitch can bite another bitch.”

VANSH

Thanks to Shreya, the thought of having a peaceful night was destroyed. I couldn't sleep properly as my mind kept thinking about the various disasters the video could bring. The constant headache only added to my discomfort. I should have confronted Natasha somewhere else but given my state of mind that time, I couldn't blame myself. If only... If only I could delete those videos somehow but that seemed like an impossible mission. Following her request was out of the option when I just got into Richard's good books. I had to move out of this mess, unscathed.

So I only confronted the person who unknowingly became a victim to this mess.

“Natasha,” I approached her desk, the next morning. “You wouldn't fuckin' believe what happened yesterday.”

Her mouth widened along with her eyes in mock surprise, “Did you and Irfan finally consummated your love? Awh, no worries, you have my blessing. Tadaaasthu! (Blessings),” she raised her hand to give her blessing and I facepalmed.

“This is no time for jokes, idiot. This is really important, like disaster important. I could barely sleep last night, you know. Can you spare a few minutes? Please,” I pleaded, desperation evident in my voice.

A deep frown marred her features. “I'm strangely curious now,” she said then stared at my face while pulling her lips downward, “I could see that your dark circles are more prominent than usual. Fine, let's head to the canteen.”

Thereafter, I told her everything, from Shreya asking me a favor to the whole threat that followed. “Ek kaan ke niche lagata uss saali ko (You should have given that bitch one tight slap under her ear).”

“And get myself arrested for women harassment, no thanks! Oi, we deviated from the topic. What should we do?”

She tapped her chin thinking. After giving a thought, she answered, “I'd say chose option B- your love life one. Tell Ahana about the video in advance so when Shreya raises her wand to do her magic, there will actually be no magic left. That way my ass is saved too.”

That actually didn't sound so bad. But if I told Ahana about the video, then I'll have to tell her about the stalker and everything that happened in those days, followed by my secretive attraction that I wasn't ready to admit to anyone else (I did tell Dhruv though). Did I really have to tell her everything now, that too, on phone? I couldn't afford to further dampen our relationship that was barely surviving the waters. I could always tell her after I return, and perhaps laugh about it too. Also, “Shreya didn't gave me the luxury of making a choice. Now I could tell Ahana, but you really think Shreya would stop after sending the video to her? You should never trust the words of someone who blackmails. They are capable of anything as long as they have proof.”

“Shit, man! I hate to admit but you're right,” she cussed in digress. For a moment, she remained distressed until she looked up with determination. “Guess it's time for action, baby.”

Was it weird that I was feeling the andraline rush right now? I was imagining all sorts of scenarios where we would sneak into her office in black, and hack into her system. Or probably invite Shreya to a bar and make her drink so that we could delete the evidence from her mobile. When I expressed my ideas, she snorted. “Tell your filmy thoughts to fuck off and let me handle this.”