Ch. Seven

I Slowly Began To wake up to the smell of alcohol opening my eyes as I was laying on a hospital bed. I was still wearing my own clothes. I glance around seeing that I'm in the E.R near the E.R entrance close. I looked around as I heard a voice wake me up. I gently began to move my body slowly turning my head to look at Katie.

" Hey, hey, hey. Don't move. Relax. " Katie said calming me down as I start to arch my back against the pillow and look up at the ceiling swallowing slowly.

" Where am I? " I asked speaking softy as I felt sleepy while looking up at the ceiling as Katie glances at me.

" You're at the hospital. I had to take your car because you were in the ambulance on the way. The doctor went to go run a blood test on you to make sure you're okay. " Katie said looking at me as I sigh loudly to myself and glanced at her.

" I hope it's not that serious. " I said while looking at her as she small smiles at me while sitting down beside and gently holds my hand for support.

" Me either. But whatever happens, we'll get through this. " Katie said comforting me as I nod my head gently and we see a doctor start to walk up towards us.

She smiles warmly at me and greets me. " I see you're wake. Glad you're back Miss Emerson. I'm doctor Holt. " Dr. Holt said we gently shake hands.

" Doctor Holt. You're name sounds familiar, are you married to Detective Holt? " I asked Doctor Holt as she chuckles softy and shakes her head.

Katie chuckles along with Doctor Holt and smiles warmly a bit at Katie and I.

" Nooooooo, he's my older brother. " Doctor Holt said as I nodded getting it while she has a white envelope.

I nod my head with a tired chuckle to sit up. " Oh, I thought you two were married." I said as Doctor Holt shakes her head again.

" Yeah no cause then that'll be weird. " She said smiling warmly at her. " How are you feeling? " Doctor Holt asked as she grabs her penlight to check how my eyes are.

" Fine, I just feel like I have a big headache and sleepy. " I said as she nods her head slowly understanding.

" I understand. It makes sense now. I'll give you an icepack to calm down the headache and take aspirin. You're not going to be able to drive. I also want you take a day off from work tomorrow and relax until you're better. I ran a blood test and I have the results. But before I get there, when did you last have your period? " Dr. Holt asked looking at me as she starts wrapping the icepack with a napkin around it and hands it to me and helps me place it on my forehead.

" I think the first week of last month of June. " I said trying remember as I normally don't keep track of my work while looking back at Dr. Holt.

Dr. Holt nods her head understanding once again while she was opening the envelope. " Okay. The reason why I asked it's because you're pregnant. Your blood results show positive that you're having a baby on the way. Congratulations! " She said as I nod my head slowly staying shocked.

" Can I get water please? " I asked as Doctor Holt nods her head slowly as Katie looks at Doctor Holt.

" Yeah sure. I'll be right back. " Doctor Holt said as she starts leaving feeling shocked.

I glance at Katie who stays shock as well.

Katie And I finally arrive home. I walked inside the house as Katie closes the door. She looks at me as she decides to help me and sighs softy. I slowly make my way to sit down on the sofa to rest my head on the pillow. Katie sits beside me and looks at me.

" Do you need anything? " Katie asked looking at me as I shook my head slowly. " Are you hungry? You need to eat something. " She added as I shook my head again.

" I'm not hungry. I'm so hurt. " I said sighing as Katie small smiles and looks at me.

" Why? You're not happy that you're going to be a mom? " Katie asked concerned while looking at me as I slowly begin to sit up.

I sigh and look at my hands for a second. " How can I? The night that you, me, and Melissa were out and having the time of our lives. I didn't leave the club with a random stranger. I left because you two were in danger. Because the guy who is now in jail was going to hurt anyone that I care about if I didn't listen to him. He could've killed you. I couldn't remember what happen to me the night after that. And when I finally did. It's awful. -Katie the guy who's in jail, raped me. He's the father of the child I'm carrying. " I said as I let tears fall down my cheek and slowly began to sniff covering my mouth.

Katie makes a hurt look on her face as she gently wraps her arms around and hugs me to comfort me as I sob in her shoulder. I hear her sigh as she rubs my back. " Andy I'm so sorry. You don't deserve this pain or from that asshole. He deserves to be in jail. " Katie said as I sob and bury my face more in her shoulder while hugging her back.

Later that day, Katie and I watched movies and eat some soup together. Katie fell asleep with me in my bed as she didn't want to leave me. I sigh quietly and looked away from the tv. My eyes landed down on my stomach. I stare at it thinking if I should keep or abortion the baby. But it'll make me feel guilty if I kill the baby. So might as well just keep the baby.

I placed my hands on my tummy and closes my eyes for second thinking and then opening my eyes again. " Looks like I'll be taking care of you now little one. " I said to my unborn child and gently rub my tummy softy with comfort.