Ch. Eighteen

Jake and I are walking back to our own hotel rooms having a small talk here and there. " So what are your plans tomorrow? " Jake asked as I watched where I was walking and looked for the hotel room.

" Well I was thinking of going to spend some time with my nana because tomorrow night we fly back to Portland. But after my nana's, I'm going to check out Harry's apartment. I was surprise that Anne gave me a spare key. I guess she wanted me to see what he has. " I said to Jake as we continued walking.

Jake listens to me and nods his head slowly. " Okay, I was thinking of seeing a few of my friends and some family since I'm here. Do you need company to go check our Harry's apartment? " Jake asked as I nodded my head slowly.

" That would good. I'm going to need your help. The cops don't know about Harry's apartment. -Jake he could be hiding something secretive in that apartment." I said to Jake as I looked at him with a suspicious expression on my face.

Jake makes a serious look agreeing with me as we walked down the long hallway to finding reaching our own hotel rooms.

The Next Day which is Saturday, I woke up around 10am to have a meet up with my nana and have a small talk with her. Half of the day I spend it with my nana and it felt so amazing and peaceful. She hasn't changed a bit. And her house looks a little different since I was a girl. It was 4:50pm. After my time with my nana it was time for me do my business and investigate more about Harry. Jake and I decided to meet up at his friend's house.

After I said my goodbyes to my nana, I began to get in the car and turn the engine. I felt sad because I hardly see her but she'll be around when my baby is born. She knows everything that is going in my life and that she'll support me no matter what. I waved at my nana from the inside of the rented car and began to back up slowly from her driveway watching carefully to see if there are cars coming.

I began to drive away from my nana's house and drive my way back to Jake's friend Frank's house.

I pulled to the side and turned off the engine with the radio on to listen to music and wait for Frank to show up. My phone began to vibrate loudly as I reached to grab it and seeing the contact.

It said unknown. I frowned a bit as I thought about answering the call so I ended up answering the call anyways because I sometimes the dumbest mistakes.

" -Hello?  " I asked waiting for someone to answer me back.

My heart began to beat all of a sudden. " Don't do it. You think the game is over? It's not. Without Harry in the picture and out of the way, you're not safe. I'll make sure of that. " I stood up straight and began to glance around from the outside of the rented car.

" Who the hell is this? " I said not sounding afraid while searching for who is calling.

" You'll find out soon." The end of the line went dead as I pulled away from my phone feeling concerned and felt my breath become heavily with a concerned look on my face.

I Began to drive down the street and away from Frank's house once I picked up Jake. I was freaking out but I did felt concerned. The person's voice on the line wasn't Harry because it would be  impossible. The voice was completely and I'm guessing it could be one of Harry's friends for sure. Jake and I talked here and there. We talked about his friends and then telling him about ny day with my nana. And how I didn't want to leave yet.

But I planned to see her again tomorrow. I drove down the road and glance around pulling up into a complex apartment area in London. It looks peaceful and quiet around here. And away from the city itself of course. I slowly pulled to look for a parking lot and parked the rented car in front of an apartment. Anne gave me Harry's address to his complex apartment. Harry gave her that spare key in case if she needed her space and other occasions.

This was way before he moved to Portland by the way. Jake glances around seeing a couple people leaving and walking around the apartment area. " So this is it? " Jake asked making sure we didn't get lose and have the right information.

I nodded my head slowly looking out front of the window from the driver's side. " This is it. -Let's do this. " I said unlocking the driver's door and opening it to step out of the car carefully and open the back door to grab my purse closing it once Jake closed the passenger's door.

I locked the car looking and glancing up at the number building and then grabbed my notepad, opening it to look for the number. We were right about the building number that said A1. We began to walk inside hearing some music playing a bit from someone's apartment. I continued walking with Jake by my side as we hear an elevator sound come close by. A group of college boys wearing some basket ball clothing on walked past us.

Jake and I didn't seem to bother by so we walked right into the elevator and began to press the number four for the fourth floor.  The elevator doors close and it begins to move up taking it's time.

" What exactly should we be looking for?" Jake asked looking at the numbers above the elevator doors.

I looked at the elevators thinking for a moment. " Something that looks suspicious to you. Anything. " I said to Jake as I turned to look at him.

The elevator slows down and stops at the fourth floor. " Okay. We're here. " Jake said waiting for the elevators to open slowly.

We stepped out of the elevators and began walking down the hallway looking for Harry's apartment number on each and every door we walk passing by. Jake helps as well as I kept on walking and finally found the apartment number. A34.

" Here. " I said pointing it out as I walked a bit faster and Jake follows behind.