Ch. Twenty-Seven

I Sigh Softy drawing in my cell alone. I've been in jail for a year and two months now. I had a couple of visitors here and there that were close friends of mine. They ended up asking me about what happen and why am I here. Those type of questions. What I regret the most is the mistakes I've done to Andrea. I know she hates me at this moment. I don't know everything or how she is because my lawyer doesn't want me to worry about her.

My lawyer came this noon today to inform me that the official court date is this Monday coming up. I can't believe I screwed my life up as well. I wanted to explain to Andrea because she doesn't know the whole truth and now everything is made up with lies. I finished drawing and made my way to the bed and began looking up at the ceiling.

I hear the sound of jingle keys moving and walking close my door. I slowly sat up straight hearing the door getting unlock. The knob turns and I see a security guard looking at me.

" Styles you got a visitor. " The security guard said as I frowned a bit confused and got up from the bed standing up as the other security comes up to me and puts on the handcuffs on my wrist.

I began to walk out of the room following the security out front leading me to the visitor area. The jail security opens the visitor door once we had arrived. I wasn't in the mood to see anyone because I'm tired. My eyes light up when I saw two people sitting at the table. My mum is here and my older sister Gemma. What are they doing here? How did they even know I was in here? I haven't seen them since I went to Portland East College.

I know my mum and my family are disappointed because I can see it in their eyes. I walked over to them and I gave them each a hug. My mum hugged me tightly the most. I hugged her tightlyin return rubbing her back. We pulled away and sat down at the same time.

" -What are you two doing here? " I asked my mum and Gemma.

My mum's face softens a bit. " Oh Harry, an anonymous told us that you are here." My mum said as I looked down at my hands that are folded together.

Gemma rests her elbows on the table as she looks around the visitor area. " Has my lawyer told you anything? " I asked my mum looking back at her.

Anne nods her head slowly looking at me. " Yeah. Your court date is this Monday coming up. He told me a lot of things as well. " My mum said looking down and gently rubs her eyes softy.

Gemma's look on her face gives a look that something is up and I'm not involved with what's going on. If there's something new I have prepare myself for what's coming. " What is it? What did he tell you guys? " I asked looking at them desperately to know.

Gemma looks at my mum as my mum looks back up at me. " Your lawyer told us that one of the detectives found evidence in your apartment back home. " My mum said as I  began realize in that moment I knew what this meant.

I stood frozen for a minute trying process everything and realized once I figured things out and knowing what is going to happen in court. I let out a rough sigh shaking my head and running my fingers through my curls.

Gemma small smiles a bit not really showing that she's happy. " Harry, I know you know that we'll support you no matter but this is hard to believe that you did all these awful things to someone you don't know. And another thing is that the person you harmed is going to testified that day as well. " Gemma said as she gently folds her hands together looking at me.

My mum listens but stays quiet feeling speechless and disappointed. I mean I get it. A parent would be disappointed in their children because the parents didn't raise their children to become criminals. I can't even look at myself in the mirror and believe that I'm a criminal myself. So obviously I made a huge big mistake.

One big mistake and it's not going to stay like this way.

After The Visit From my mum and Gemma, I went back my cell laying back on the bed and sighing softy once again and walking back and fourth in my cell. I look at the window seeing the sky dark with one star. I use to see a lot of stars but not tonight. I hoped that I would one day and hopefully let Andrea forgive me but she thinks that I'm crazy and I don't want her to think I'm crazy because I'm not. The truth will come out when the day comes. I want Andrea to believe me as well.

She has too. I want her too. I stood there staring at the one star I only see now and no other stars while I stand there thinking figure things out.

The Next Day was tiring, I had to talk to my lawyer in a conference room about getting prepared for what Andrea's lawyer will ask me. The lawyer said that I will testified as well to confirming the mistakes I did. And until the day of the court to end the trial, the judge and the jury will have the decision ready for what's going to happen to me. We took a few minutes of break because we've been practicing since the morning.

My lawyer sits across from me taking a sip of water. " Do you think this is going to work? " I asked my lawyer looking at him.

My lawyer nods his head a bit after putting his glass of water done. " It has too. You're going to be honest and you have to be honest in court on Monday. -Harry I am going to do everything I can to help you and I won't give up until justice is served. Your freedom will come. We just need to pray and hope for the best. " My lawyer said looking at me as I stood there nodding my head slowly.

" Okay. " I said to my lawyer and looked down at my glass of water and reaching over to taking small sips of it after feeling my throat dry inside.