Ch. Fourteen

I Slowly Began to wake up from my nap that I took since the small chat with Stephen on who I just met not to long ago. He is so sweet and caring. It made my day that he helped me. He made me feel like safe and stress relief. I woke up with a ringing sound coming from my phone on the nightstand where I had my phone charging. I had a bit of sleepy eyes before reaching over to grab my phone to look at who is calling me.

I slowly and carefully sat up on the bed to rub the sleepiness away and look at who is calling me. I slide to green slide to accept the call.

" Hello?  " I asked sitting up realizing that I left the tv on from the hotel room.

" Hey Andrea it's Jake, are you awake?  " Jake asked from the phone.

I began to nod my head slowly and letting out a small yawn. " I am now. Thanks for waking me up. " I said to Jake with a small chuckle as Jake chuckles with me.

" Sorry sleepy head. I'm coming to your room so open the door cause I have our lunch. You have to eat something before meeting Harry's family. " Jake said as I sigh softy and quiet to myself.

" Okay. " I said as Jake and I hung up.

I heard a small knock on the door as I put down my phone and made my way to see if it was Jake. I see him holding a bag of take out looking around the hallway of the hotel. I began to unlock the door and open it seeing Jake turn his head towards me once I opened the door.

" Hey I thought you were still sleeping? " Jake asked looking at me as I shook my head with a sleepy smile on my face.

" Come in. " I said to Jake as he smiles warmly accepting my invitation to coming in of the hotel room. 

Jake and I talked here and there about the good old days when I got promoted to be another Joanne in the company. The memories were good because I felt relaxed but not safe. My mind ended up thinking about those years of Harry stalking me at the time and how long has he been doing it. I would ask him but I'm can't face someone who raped me and invaded my home that I lived since I graduated college.

" Yeah that's so true. " I said to Jake once our chuckle faded away.

I grabbed my cold water cup as Jake puts down his empty plate and reaching out to grab his raspberry ice tea. " Andrea? " Jake asked as I look at him.

" Yeah? " I said to him.

Jake seems to feel concerned about me and I understand. Him and I have been close friends since I could remember. He is one of my best friends. We're just there for each other.

" Are you really up for this? Like meeting you know his family? -I mean you just had a tough year. I feel like you should relax more. " Jake said as I stared and listened to him staying quiet a moment.

" I have to do it Jake. I need to know more about this guy. Not cause of the crime he did to me. -One day when I have a son or daughter, they're going to ask me in the future who was their father and if he has a family. They're going to want to know more about them and I just need to know a lot. Jake I don't expect you to understand but if you were in my shoes as a women like me, you would probably do the same. No matter how hard the person hurt and ruin half of your life, you have to face your fears and be the bigger person then them. I learned and taught myself since the couple of weeks I was in therapy, before finding out that I was pregnant. " I said to Jake as he stares while listening to me.

Jake begins to nod his head slowly. " Okay, no matter what I'll support you on it. I'll even babysit your baby. Julie has a two year old and six month old baby. She came to me about having a tough time. I was twenty two and she had George the two year old and pregnant with Shelby at the time. I know it's not quiet relevant to your story by the way. Then she told me that her husband was cheating and abusing her. But not physically which was good. She had just graduated from college. Julie was getting a divorce and battling custody for both Shelby and George. -She won the custody but her husband had permission from the judge to see the kids every two weeks including holidays and birthdays. Julie didn't like the idea but she had to respect and understand. " Jake said as I kept my eyes set on him while looking at him.

" And what else happen at the time? Were things working out with Julie? How did the story end? " I asked Jake.

Jake looks at me knowing how the story was becoming interesting and quite understanding. Julie is Jake's second older sister. He has another sister name Jessie who is the oldest of Julie and Jake. Jessie left Portland to go to Sydney Australia because of her medical career. She is a OB surgeon so at the time of her resident years, she applied to work up there. Julie is a entrepreneur that has something to do with making and marketing clothes, perfumes, jewelry, shoes, and stores. She did in a way make both Forever 21 and Victoria Secret happen in London.

" The story had an happy ending. Julie's ex husband changed a lot throughout the years. They're friends but only because of their kids. And she's happy. She ended up getting married again. Julie's ex husband has a girlfriend who is now his fiancé but she's pregnant too. Julie just had twins. A boy and girl with Dylan her new husband. So it turned out good. Julie is happier then she ever was." Jake said as I began to smile.

I know Jake is married to Lisa for two years. Lisa and Jake have a 3 month old baby boy need Oliver. " That's good to hear. " I said with a warm smiled on my face.

Jessie who is the oldest of Jake and Julie has been married. She was eighteen with her high school sweet heart. She has two kids. A boy and a girl. But her son is seventeen and her daughter is thirteen. Jessie only had two kids.