Ch. Twenty-Six

After dinner with Gemma and Anne, we left Olive Garden and decided to hangout at the mall for a bit. Gemma wanted to buy some things. Anne didn't really buy much. She saw Carter's and was amazed by the cute clothes they have for Haddie. I didn't want Anne to buy clothes for Haddie cause Haddie has plenty at home but she insist. I gave in at last.

From that day which was Friday, we left the mall. We made our way to my car because Anne and Gemma parked beside my car so it was lucky day I guess. I put Haddie's baby bag in the passenger's seat once I had Haddie in the car. I said my goodbyes to Anne and Gemma.

" Thank you for dinner. I had a great time with you guys. " I said to Anne and Gemma after giving them each a hug.

Anne smiled warmly at me. " You're welcome. -Anytime you're in London, let us know when you're there. Just call us." Anne said as Gemma smiles at me nodding and agreeing with Anne.

I smiled back surprised. " Okay yeah I'll let you guys know when I go or get there." I said nodding my head back.

We said our last goodbyes once again before closing the passenger's door and made my way to the driver's door opening and getting inside with the engine all started. I turned my head to slowly back up from the parking lot making sure no cars are coming backing up slowly and turn the steering wheel to the left, driving slowly and carefully.

I didn't realize it was 9:00pm. I was out all day with Haddie. I turned the engine off arriving back home safety. I didn't see Katie's car so I'm assuming she went out. I get out of the car making way to grab sleepy Haddie from her car seat carefully holding her baby bag. I grab my keys to unlock the front door feeling relax. I walked inside to put down Haddie's baby bag closing and locking my car. I heard the alarm go on letting me know that I locked it.

I came back downstairs and as soon as I arrived downstairs, the house phone rung from the kitchen bar table. I made my way to answer the call.

" Hello? " I said on the phone placing my hand my waist.

" Andrea it's Dannie. " Dannie said on the phone.

" Hey Dannie, what's up? " I asked Dannie on the phone walking over to clean out Haddie's baby bag.

" I wanted to let you know that the court date is set. It's this Monday coming up. " Dannie said on the phone.

I stood surprised and unexpected. The real actual court date is on Monday. I feel nervous because the nightmare isn't gonna go anywhere but at the court house. And seeing Harry there makes me uncomfortable because of all the awful crap he did. But at some point have to face him eventually and get myself use to it. Maybe that's why Gemma and Anne are here because of Harry's trial.

" Okay sounds good. " Was all I could say at the moment.

Harry is going to be charged with all of crimes he committed such as rape, home invasion, threats, and kidnap. I'm not happy about it but my justice is to move on with from this nightmare.

" Alright, so it's on Monday at 9:00am." Dannie said informing me as I slowly began to nod my head bit.

" I'll put it down in my phone. " I said telling Dannie grabbing my phone from Haddie's baby bag reaching down and finally got my phone to look down and lock it scrolling to mark the date on the calendar on May 12 for the court trial.

I locked my phone and put it on the bar table continuing to clean out Haddie's baby bag and putting her bottles in the sink.

" I'll see you Monday. " Dannie said as I nodded my head slowly.

" See you Monday. " I said to Dannie on the phone before hanging up.

I began washing dishes and after washing Haddie's bottles, I dried my hands to run my fingers through my hair sighing softy. I covered my mouth thinking for a moment still shocked.

The Next Day, which is Saturday I stayed home with Haddie. I didn't feel like going out either so I decided to stay home and relax a bit. I just don't feel peace right now. And my mind is drifting off to what is on Harry's mind right now. I mean why am I thinking of the guy who ruined my life. And I can't erased or forget that he's also Haddie's dad. But it's the truth. I would take small naps with Haddie, then feed and burp her. And she falls asleep. I took pictures of her smiling at the pictures I took of her.

Melissa and I have talk here and there but she's been busy recently with her wedding. She's getting married in six months. A year ago I went to her bachelorette's party and it was funny but I wasn't able to drink because at the time I was pregnant of Haddie but it helped a lot that my depression went away for a bit.

I am looking forward to her wedding reception and supporting Melissa. She was there when I gave birth to Haddie so we're good best friends.

I ended up watching movies alone at last because Haddie fell asleep in her baby bouncer chair with Snow White playing on Netflix. I smiled at her and began to change the movie to watch something else. I began to yawn softy carefully reaching over to grab my water. As soon as I finish taking sips of my water, I hear some noises upstairs. My eyebrows frowned together for a moment thinking it's nothing.

Then I focused on the tv and once again heard the noises again. I lowered the volume quietly making way upstairs to see who it is. Katie isn't home. She went back to work. I carefully grabbed my gun from the secret wooden staircase and hold it closely to me. I wasn't scared anymore but whoever is here better run because I know how to defend myself even if I didn't have a gun myself.

I continued heading upstairs, and as soon as I got there I saw a figure wearing black gloves looking my stuff. I pointed my gun at the figure who looks like he was going to steal my stuff and shot him in the back. He falls on the floor as I grabbed my phone quickly to call dial 911.