Ch. Thirty-Two

Katie stands up from the audience and starts walking to the stand as I hear some people clearing their throats and coughs escaping from their mouth not in a rude way. I began to sit up straight to listen to Katie's testimony as she finished up saying the courtroom's oath. Katie then sat down and Dannie began to stand once again walking up to Katie to interview her.

" Miss Connor what made you want to testified? " Dannie asked looking at Katie.

Katie looks at Dannie as the judge glances at Katie. " I wanted to testified because I was a witness to the night my friend was raped. " Katie said disappointed.

Dannie nods her head slowly. " What did you see that night when Miss Emerson was kidnap? " Dannie asked looking at me and then back at Katie as Katie has a broken and disappointed look on her face as I small smile at her.

" Our other friend Melissa and I were dancing that night and when we were done for the night, we realized that our friend Andrea was missing. But we looked at our phones and I or Melissa a  text from Andrea that she had left the club. Melissa and I assumed at the time that she went home with someone so we didn't think it would be a bad idea.  Melissa and I were okay and stayed for a bit at the club. -Then later on that same night, Melissa dropped me off at the house. I thanked Melissa for the ride and walked home. As soon as I was about to open my front door. I saw a guy around our age leaving our house. " Katie said looking at Dannie nodding her head slowly.

" Miss Connor, can you please point out the guy you saw that night that came out of your house?" Dannie asked looking at Katie once again.

Katie nods her head slowly. " Yes. " Katie said and points the finger at Harry as the chatter and gasping in the audience begins with whispers.

I started feeling a bit annoyed because I get it, it's shocking but the people make it seem like they've never heard a trial like this one. They have to be joking because the people in this courtroom or that come to the courtroom have experienced and heard worse stories then this one.

Dannie looks away and back to the judge and Katie. " Very well. No further questions honor. " Dannie said as the judge looks at Harry's lawyer.

" Mr. Thomas do you have anything to ask the witness? " The judge asked as all eyes where on Harry's lawyer.

He looked unhappy because we're wining I guess and I feel like in that moment he is losing and there is nothing he can really do other then defend Harry with real and truthful facts. But I realized that he did everything he could to defend Harry because he showed the power he had earlier. Some lawyers don't have that type of power or determination.

Harry's lawyer doesn't say anything. " No honor, I'm good. " Harry's lawyer said to the judge as he nods his head grabbing the gavel and slams it on the table finally confirming that we're taking a five minute recess.

Once the judge and the jury left to a door near by the security, the chatter starts here and there. At least I ended up feeling more intense. I feel like this might be the ending to everything. I hope it is so I can be relaxed for now.

After Five Minutes of recess, the judge and the jury came back. We slowly stood up from our chairs repeating the oath once again as the judge began to sit down. The jury and everyone in the courtroom sat down as well including myself, Katie, and Dannie. I ended up feeling nervous now and waiting for the results of what the jury decided for what's going happen. The courtroom became silent for a moment when the moment was cut off by the judge.

" Now the jury has the results. -What is your result? " The judge asked the jury as we see a young woman in her thirties stand up because she's first chair holding a white folded piece of paper in her hand walking up to the mic out front of the rest of the jury.

The young woman stands in front of the mic holding the white folded piece of paper and clears her throat before speaking onto the mic. " We the jury find the defendant guilty. " The young woman said as I stood stone cold but relieved inside as the judge looks at the young woman walking back to her spot and the judge speaks.

" Mr. Styles you're sentenced to eight years in jail. Don't test me. The case dismissed." The judge said grabbing the gavel again and slamming it gently but hard at the same time letting the sound go off when he slammed the gavel on the table to dismiss the courtroom.

The securities from jail arrest Harry from behind as Harry doesn't seem to show any emotion at all as the securities lead him back door and taking him back to the jail bus. I felt tears falling down from my cheek as Katie walks up to give me a hug. Dannie small smiles and gently rubs my back gently feeling the relieve that I have been feeling for a while. We made our way out of the courtroom once the people that were here left. Dannie and I had justice but deep down I feel like something is missing.

This feeling is just making me uncomfortable and I don't know why. I'm not liking it but I am going to ignore it at this moment.

Katie And I said our goodbyes to Dannie. I thanked her for helping as she smiles welcoming me back. She looks happy because she won the case. And the case was closed. I thought it would take forever but I thought wrong. This was the fastest way to do it. Katie and I decided to head home. She called in work to say she wasn't able to make it because of the flu. We arrived home and I went up to my beautiful daughter Haddie.

I smiled widely but sad at the same time holding her in my arms. She is still in the process of growing and I can't imagine how my life would be like when she gets much older. I can't wait for the moment to come but I don't want Haddie to deal with this in her life. Not ever and I hope and pray to god she doesn't go through the crap I've been through either. I will do whatever it takes to protect my daughter from harm and danger

If I died from saving my daughter's life, I died for a reason. I saved her from the awful nightmare she didn't deserve.