Coach's Son | Algee (R)

(Can you even blame me at this point?)
•••••

Attending Howard university was maybe one of the best things Amour ever decided to do with her life

Attending Howard university was maybe one of the best things Amour ever decided to do with her life. She was surrounded everyday by her fellow peers of color and excellence, and there was always something to do.

When she found out she would be a Bison she cried for several nights. That's how important it was to get into this school.

She was apart of Howard's volleyball team, as number 12. Which was coached by Grace Smith, the mother of the top fraternity Kappa Alpha Psi current president Algee Smith.

He was the school's prize in many eye's, whether it was him leading the step team to become the top team in the country, or him simply being a ladys man on campus. He was multi-talented being able to sing, dance, act, educate, and lead. He was also a great student. He used to be a little young kid from Saginaw, Michigan dreaming to become the proud young black man he was today. You could ask Algee right now if he was done and he would tell you the grind will never stop. He was voted most likely to become a billionaire by his high school peers.

Like many other girls Amour had a huge crush on the 22 year old Senior. She was always just watching him at the step shows, talent shows, and plays admiring the young man that she saw a lot of positivity and brilliantness in.

What killed her was her horrible talent to put herself. She felt she was too basic for him, never opening her mouth to say how she truly felt. She knew she was cute, but she didn't think she was Algee Smith good enough. He seemed like the type to marry someone in the same league as him. Plus he was her coach's son.

Algee was 99% just like his mother who was also very talented. Amour loved Coach Smith and her ability to impact peoples lives in the best ways. During Amour's freshman year at Howard, Grace found her hitting balls in the empty gym completely blown away and impressed by how good she was. She told her not many people could impress her, so the mere fact that she did proved she was was worth getting to know.

It was now her Junior year in college and she was Grace's best player. Grace took her under her wing so that put her in the same rooms as Algee Smith a lot. It was to the point they became acquainted, and not long after did they become friend's. Which also meant popularity for being close to the Smith's, the best volleyball player at Howard, and being around Algee a lot. She didn't care for it though, never entertaining people. A lot of people thought she was too boring to be around Algee all the time. But she still didn't care, hell she thought the same thing sometimes. Her life evolved around sports, music, reading, and writing.

She knew Algee was too good for her.

•••••

Amour laid in her 1 bedroom dormroom studying her english paper. She was struggling on a Friday night with a paper while most of the young adults on the campus was somewhere partying.