The Jungle | Keith (2 1/2)

becauseofthe90s x LovelyandPerverted
•••••

The sky is falling, the wind is calling
Stand for something, or die in the morning.

- Kendrick Lamar

•••••

Keith "Roman".

"King stop fucking playing with me bruh, where my muthafucking money?" I yelled slapping him with my pistol. I watched him fall to his knees crying.

"Please Ro! Please don't kill me I'ma have your money by midnight! I got fucking robbed by Juice and his goons two days ago they took everything man. Please you know I'ma have that shit tonight."

I let out some air trying to calm down as I thought about it. I wasn't gonna kill his ass yet, snakes like King are always good to keep alive. They bring out the rest of the snakes in the grass.

"I swear to god King you got till midnight or imma pay your mom's a visit."

His eyes widened. "I am! I am I swear! Just dont hurt anybody else for my shit."

I chuckled using my gun to rub my jaw. "I'm not gone hurt ya mama, imma just make her my bitch. She's a pretty one. I can have her calling me daddy."

He jumped forward a little and I smacked him again. "Have my money by midnight lil bitch or you better fucking hide really well."

He groaned on the ground and I threw his bookbag at him walking away. I made sure nobody was around and stuffed my gun under my belt fixing my shirt. On my way to my car my phone started ringing.

"Roman." I mumbled into the phone and I heard coughing on the other line.

"Nigga where is you," Junior yelled. "I'm starving and yo dumbass drove me today."

I let my guard down laughing. "Oh shit my bad cuz I had to handle some business. I'll pick you up some munchies on my way to you."

"You owe it too me shit, got my skinny ass starving in this fucking cold. I shoulda went with Imani."

I shook my head hopping in my car. "Stop crying witcho bitch ass I'm on my way, speaking of yo shawty she still sliding through to the party tonight?"

"Oh shut the fuck up hoe and duh nigga where ever I go she go, but she bringing her girls. I told her it was cool."

I made a face. "Nigga are her girls cool? I don't wanna have to slap a bitch tonight."

He chuckled. "Chill out nigga they cool. I been knowing them for a while. They bad too cuz, but they wouldn't fuck with none of yall ugly asses."

"Shiiid Imani fuck with you."

He laughed. "No comment."

"Course not wit ya ugly ass, on a business note I need you to pay Lilo a visit. She ain't come back to the crib and she still ain't payed up. That's yo business so handle that shit before I do."

He sighed loudly. "Aite shit, after we eat I'll slide past her house and see wassup."

"Cool I'm bout to pull up."

"Straight."

He hung up the phone and I put mines on the charger before driving off. When I cut the radio on Meeks Heavy Heart filled the car making me bop my head.

"Cut the grass and all the snakes gone surface, nobody's perfect. Showed the cash, he kinda made me nervous, maybe I'm trippin'. Hoping this paranoia from all this shit that we been in. Watched you pour gasoline, and burned out all of your bridges. Nigga, you suck at friendships, something you got to live with." I rapped along with him as I made a right and put my foot on the gas speeding up. I slowed down when I saw the blue and red lights flashing on the opposite side of the street, I rolled down my window watching the familiar white police officer drag a black man out of his vehicle. His family was in the car screaming for the officer to stop cause he wasn't resisting, and my heart dropped a little seeing the officer reach for his gun. I honked my horn and he stopped looking back at me. I cut my eyes at him and he let them man go standing up straight. He pointed his finger at me and then pointed ahead.

"Mind your business boy."

"You know my name is Roman Officer Frank," I spoke back coming to a complete stop. We held a stare off and his face paled. "Let that man and his family go unharmed and I'll think about whether or not you may see me before your family does."

His face paled and I sent him another look rolling my window up. The man got up and looked at me completely shook and the officer shook his head looking back at him.

"Don't let me catch you around here again." The officer spat. "You ain't gone be so lucky next time."

The man mean mugged him and got back into his car driving off and officer frank turned back to me tipping his hat off to me. I rolled my window down one last time and flicked him off before pulling off.

"Bitch."

I arrived at MLK five minutes later and I saw Junior sitting on the steps with his phone to his ear. He seemed to be cussing somebody out and my assumptions were true when I pulled up beside him and rolled my window down.

"Lilo I'm done playing nice with you! You better be at your house tonight when I come by or it ain't gone be pretty. You got me all the way fucked up." He yelled into the phone before hanging up. I raised my eyebrow and he looked at me shaking his head.

"This shit gone give me high blood pressure." He mumbled under his breathe hopping in and I busted out laughing pulling off.

"Shut the fuck up." He chuckled hitting my shoulder and I snickered under my breathe.

"Nah foreal she really got you fucked up."

He nodded. "I know, I might have Imani beat her ass."

I shook my head. "Don't drag her into this shit. Handle that shit yourself."

"You right. But did you get my snacks nigga?"

I made a face and he smacked his lips.

"Man nigga you always ly-"

"Aye chill I'm ordering like 7 pizzas when we get to the crib."

•••••

Part 2 1/2.

Kingston: