Sunset. (Keith)

I'm just gonna take you on a trip through my mind. My thoughts. My feelings. My emotions. Everything.

This is me. It's a imagine, but it's me also getting stuff off my chest. Just ride with me.
•••••

I sat on the edge of the cliff watching the sun set over the horizon. It was beautiful. Almost as if nothing could ruin it and make it ugly. God made life beautiful, but we made it ugly.

That's at least how I felt.

The world is like a sunset. It goes up, and it goes down. We were like sunsets, one minute we're happy, one minute we're sad.

Dealing with constant instability, darkness, and hiding yourself from the world could be enough to drive anyone over the edge. That's why I've never judged anyone for giving up.

Apart of me wanted to give up but the little hope inside of me made me keep going. The little dreams in my mind kept my head up. Even with the tears falling I still saw the light. But now I'm so far gone I don't know what to believe.

Maybe I'm just not good enough to be.. to be free?

I feel useless. I feel unhappy. I feel embarrassed. I feel lonely. I feel ashamed. I feel like a waste of space sometimes.

God what did you put me on this earth for?

"Hey are you okay?" A smooth deep voice asked from behind me as I continued to stare at the sunset.

"Is anything ever okay?" I asked back, not even looking to see who interrupted my thoughts.

"I don't know how to answer that-"

"Of course you dont." I chuckled shaking my head. I crossed my arms letting out some air. "No one does."

It was silent for a minute and I assumed he left but his presence beside me proved me wrong. I had no choice but to see who he was. He was attractive, strong looking, and he had a chill vibe about him. He must've been crazy though, cause he should've just minded his business and kept driving.

"You done checking me out?" He asked with a soft smile and I just blinked looking away.

"It wasn't even that deep, I was just making sure you wasn't gonna kill me or something."

He just smiled wider shaking his head. "Says the one sitting on a bridge cliff. Maybe I should be the scared one, you lured me over here."

I rolled my eyes. "You should've minded your business and kept it moving. I'm minding mine."

"Relax," He chuckled. "I'm kidding."

"And I'm not, why are you over here? Anyone who sees someone sitting on a cliff would've kept it moving."

He pointed himself. "I'm not everyone. I'm Keith."

He put his hand out and I stared at it for a while before reaching out and shaking it.

"Amour."

We went back to silence and I brought my legs to my chest humming. The wind blowing cooled my hot skin, and the silence gave me peace. I could breathe.

"It's beautiful." Keith mumbled and I nodded.

"It's my stress reliever."

I felt his eye's burning my skin. "Mhm."

I looked at him this time raising my eyebrow. "Your not gonna ask why I'm stressed?"

He smiled again. "You told me to mind my business girl. Make up your mind."

"Oh--"

"Luckily I'm nosey. Why you stressed?"

I almost laughed, rolling my eyes. "Everything's stressful. What isn't stressing me? I wake up wishing I could go right back to sleep. If I'm not writing or watching a basketball game I don't know what I'm doing."

"Wow that's all that makes you happy?"

I just shrugged.

"No family?"

"Eh. Blood can be overrated, everyone is out for themselves. "

"No friends?"

"What friends?"

Keith just stared at me blowing out some air. "Wow."

I shrugged again. "I'm better off alone anyway."

He made a face. "No one is better off alone."

"I am."

"Your not. That makes you even more sad, and you tell yourself that to make yourself feel better. No one is meant to be alone."

"I'ma die alone so," I looked down seeing rocks fall off the cliff. "It is what it is."

"I just met you and you already scare me." He mumbled and I turned back to him.

"You can leave."

He shook his head. "I would be a fool to leave you alone on this cliff with that kind of mindset."

I just looked back at the sun. "I used to wish I could disappear like the sunset, until I realized it never really disappeared. It was just hiding. Reminded me a lot of myself. "

"So your a sunset?"

"Not anymore... I haven't rised in a longtime. It's like a cycle with the sun to  fall and rise. I've just fallen."

It was silent again and I didn't even notice I was crying until a tear fell on my hand. I reached to wipe my tears but Keith beat me to it.

"I've got you sunset, let me help you rise again."

••••••

Goodnight. 👣 - Amour.