Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Bryce's POV:

When I woke up I found myself on the couch and staring up at the ceiling. I got up and I rubbed my neck. Everything felt really sore and I didn't feel like doing anything. I looked outside and saw the sun setting on the lake. I missed out on lunch but that's alright I didn't even feel hungry when Ohm saved me. Oh Ohm!! I looked around the room and I saw him outside grilling.

I frowned feeling bad that I probably ruined his day. I didn't mean to drown, I didn't even think I could drown since I was a good swimmer. But unfortunately that's not what fate had for me today. I just watched him as he flipped a burger from the grill. I laid back on the couch and I wrapped myself in the blanket trying to keep myself warm. I heard the sliding doors open and I just continued to lay there.

"Oh Bryce glad you're awake. I was about to come and wake you up," Ohm said as he saw me.

"Just woke up like 5 minutes ago," I said as I got up but made sure the warm blanket didn't fall off from me.

"That's good do you feel okay or anything," Ohm asked concernedly.

"Just my throat hurts," I said as he went to the cabinet.

"It doesn't look like we have any medicine to deal with it but is water fine," he suggested and I nod my head.

I know I should feel deathly afraid of water but I love water. I've lived next to this lake my whole life and I definitely had more than one occasion that I almost drowned. I love how the water feels on my skin; but I hate how wrinkly my skin gets. Ohm comes back with a small cup of water and I drank it slowly. I love the purity of this water than the water of the lake. I placed the cup on the table and I could see the relief on his eyes....

Wait eyes? I blinked and suddenly as I was looking at the haunting grey eyes they went back to being hidden behind the mask again. I wondered why I pictured Ohm with having grey eyes. Grey eyes aren't possible. It only happens when you are born but then they go to the color you were supposed to have.

"Are you sure you're alright," he said once again and I nod my head.

"Yeah you don't live in Eatonton without having a drowning incident," I joked and he just shakes his head.

"Alright burgers are done. You wanna eat and then head home to rest some more," he said.

"That's fine," I said and he walks to the sliding doors.

"Do you need me to carry you or can you walk Little mermaid," he called out and I blushed.

"Haha very funny and I'll consider it a compliment I've always wanted to be a Disney princess," I said getting up with the blanket.

"I mean you are pretty as one," he said as he left the house.

"Pretty? I think I would be considered handsome," I said as I left with the blanket around my shoulders.

"Handsome? You're to adorable to be called handsome," Ohm said and I raised my eyebrow.

"You think I'm adorable," I said making him stop walking.

"Uhhhh let's eat before the food gets cold," he said and quickly made his way over to the table.

I chuckled and followed him shortly after. I sat down at the table and I saw the buns were placed and different toppings were laid out across the table. I grabbed a bun and a patty and started to put in lettuce, onions, cheese, and bacon. I grabbed the ketchup bottle and put it on my hamburger. I quickly took a bite and moaned at how good it tasted.

"Will you moan like that for me when I take your virginity away," Ohm suddenly said and I found myself choking on my food.

"What the heck Ohm I could have died," I joked and he chuckles.

"Aren't you going to answer my question," he said smirking at me.

I know what he's playing at and it won't work again.

"I am not obligated to answer any more of your questions. Its why we play 20 questions yesterday," I said putting my hamburger down.

"But asking questions is part of life and knowing then makes it complete," he said as I took another bite of my hamburger.

"I still won't answer your question," I said and he was suddenly in my face.

"Then maybe I have to find out," he whispered in my ear and I fell off from the bench.

I stared up at him as he laughed at me. I could feel my face heat up as he nearly collapse on the table. I got up from the ground as he started to calm down.

"Let's go home," I said wanting this day to be over.

"Alright do you want to drive or should I," Ohm asked.

"You can drive I still feel tired after everything that happened," I said and he nods his head.

We packed up everything, including the food that was in the fridge because I didn't want anything to rot in there. I packed it in the trunk as Ohm got into the drivers seat. I tried my hardest not to fall asleep on the car ride home. I put my directions on my phone and he was following what it told him. It didn't take long to get back home and I quickly helped him put away the things.

I told him goodnight and I made my way to my room. Quickly changing out of my bathing suit; I put on some shorts and a purple t-shirt and collapsed on my bed. Ready to put this day behind me.

Don't you just love these small BrOhm moments. Alright I just wanna say that I'm halfway done with the book. I know that's so shocking right? I have the rest of the book planned out. And maybe you'll get to have some choices being made. I really liked 💖 ishaboi_blue 💖choices thing so I might do it. Unless you don't want me too. If I do the choices thing there is a possibility for two endings

Thank you for the support 💛

Dially

Brofish 👊🐟