Chapter 6

Hi guys...

For some crazy reason I thought I would enter my story in the watty awards... Just thought I'd let you know :)

So you've met Hayden, Jake and the Petersons... Now I think you should meet Cally (who's at the side) and David, Hayden's dad (who's attached to the external link) ->

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I felt someone softly shaking my shoulders to try and wake me up.

“Hayden” I heard a voice whisper. I slowly opened my eyes and saw my mum’s brown eyes staring down at me.

“Happy Birthday Honey” she said to me whilst pulling me into a hug. I was really confused.

“Mum my birthday’s on Friday... It’s Wednesday”

She shook her head laughing at me, quietly. “Sweetie, you work to hard at school. It is Friday... look” she said pointing at my alarm clock.

She was right it said there in red lettering 9th September. Wow I had been working hard. Although everyday for the past couple of days I have been going round to the Peterson’s to spend some time with Brooke. She showed me all her dolls and books that she reads. I stretched and slowly climbed out of bed.

“Why don’t you get changed and then come downstairs for breakfast and you can open your presents.” My mum had the biggest smile on her face. The biggest I have ever seen.

“Mmuumm... I told you not to get me anything”

“I know... I know but it’s your birthday what kind of a mum would I be if I didn’t get my own daughter anything for her birthday?”

I signed and stood up from my bed “ok I’ll be down in a second.” My mum turned around and started to walk out of the room whilst I walked over to my wardrobe and grabbed my school uniform off of the front and walked towards the bathroom that was connected to my room. I had a quick shower and changed into my uniform I turned to look in my mirror and ran a brush through my hair quickly. I ran downstairs and walked towards the kitchen but hesitated near the doorway when I heard a voice. When I looked into the kitchen I saw my mum stood with her back facing me, whispering into the phone.

“So... your free tonight?” she asked the person on the other end. “Ye it will be a nice surprise” What is she talking about? “Ye... ye... nooo tell him he has to come. I insist” He has to come? Who has to come? Where are they going? “Ok... ok. She’ll really like it. Talk to you later. Bye” she then put the phone down on the counter and walked over to the cooker where she had a frying pan on top of it with sausages sizzling away. I tip-toed a couple of steps away from the doorway and then walked through the door as if I had just come downstairs.

“Hey... that smells really good” I smiled. I mean it doesn’t smell as good as a citrus, woodsy, fresh pine smell I know. Damn it Hayden there you go again stop thinking about him in that way.

My mum started to laugh “hi” she said whilst putting the food onto plates. She was still beaming over something. After a couple of minutes I sighed which caused my mum to look up at me.

“Ok... what are you smiling at?” I asked

“Nothing” she shrugged still beaming.

“Seriously... What is it? Did you get a promotion, a... a new car... what?”

“Ok... ok I’m just thinking about tonight”

“What’s happening tonight?” I asked whilst picking my fork up and stabbing it into one of the sausages.