Chapter 43

Hey Guys...

Thought I would just upload this one :)

Hope you enjoy :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I rolled over in my bed to be woken up by a dim shine of a light hitting me right in the eyes. I groaned and rolled over to the other side. I reached over to grab my phone off of the table but I couldn’t find it. Come to think of it I couldn’t feel a table either. I reached further out for it until I lost all of my balance and actually rolled straight off of the bed and onto the floor. My eyes shot open straight away and I took in my surroundings. This wasn’t my bedroom. I looked around at the blueish kind of colour that was painted on the wall. Why had my room changed colour? Where was my desk? I stood up slowly and looked around me until I was suddenly hit with a flashback from last night.

 “I’m gonna go to bed now” I said when he looked up and saw me stood there.

“Ok... goodnight” He said. He walked towards me and wrapped his arms around me. OH MY GOD I’m hugging a shirtless Jake Peterson... sorry I didn’t say that right... a SHIRTLESS Jake Peterson. I could feel his defined abs through my top. They felt like they were as hard as a rock. I had to force myself to not bring my hands from around his waist and poke his abs to see how hard they actually were. He pulled away.

“Goodnight” I said. He leaned down and pressed his lips lightly to my forehead. I blushed a little bit and looked at him. He turned around and walked towards the front door to lock it. I turned towards the hallway and made my way towards the guest room.

Guest room... I was in Jake’s apartment. Now I understand why my desk wasn’t here. I walked over to the door and opened the door. I walked down the hallway and into the living room to find it empty.

“JAKE” I shouted. No answer... hmm... where is he? I walked into the kitchen to find a note attached to the fridge.

Hey,

Just gone out to grab some stuff I’ll be back in a couple of minutes.

Jake xx

I looked at my phone in my hand and saw that it was close to dying. I walked back into guest room to find my battery charger in my bag and walked back into the kitchen to charge my phone. I reached behind the jar that contained sugar and plugged the charger in. As I moved my hand I ended up knocking the jar over. I lifted the jar up and placed it in its usual space until I saw a piece of paper sticking out from underneath it. I lifted the jar back up and saw Jake’s name scrawled on the front of it. What was this? I know I shouldn’t snoop but I had a funny feeling about this. I picked the piece of paper up and saw that there was 2 more pieces there. I picked them up and then placed the jar back in its place. I walked over to one of the stools at the island, in the middle of the kitchen, and opened the first one which I found:

If I was you Jake I would watch your back very soon

Why is Jake being threatened? Why should he watch his back he’s done nothing wrong? I shook my head to try and clear my thoughts and picked up the second one:

Watch your back Jake this isn’t a game.

‘Watch your back’... why? And why has the person insisted on adding the ‘this isn’t a game part’? I shook my head again and picked the last one up:

You'll get what's coming to you soon

I really didn’t like the sound of the last one. I know it sounds stupid but it sounds like a powerful threat and usually things never turn out good when they’re powerful. I lay all three pieces of paper in front of me and looked over them. The handwriting for every one of them was different. One was in lowercase lettering another one was in capitals and the third one was made by using paper and magazine cut outs of letters stuck together. Why was Jake being threatened? Even better why had Jake not told me about this?