Chapter 12 (Part 2)

Hi Guys

Hope you enjoy :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the person walked closer to me I could make out how tall the person was and their body shape. Jamie started to appear more and more until he was sat at the side of me.

“Are you ok?” he asked looking down at the ground whilst pushing the swing slightly with his feet.

“I’m fine.” I mumbled.

“Come on you can tell me the truth I’m not gonna tell all them lot in there... I promise” he said nodding his head in the direction of the house.

“I don’t know... I mean for some reason I feel angry and kind of upset.”

“You know if you don’t want to tell me you don’t have to.”

I shook my head quickly “ no no... I will do it’s just I’m not used to telling people what I’m feeling.”

“Me neither... I don’t tell the guys everything so I kind of understand how you feel”

“Ok... well I feel angry because... why does it matter what Jake says as it’s my choice not his. I mean it felt like he was trying to control me or something. ”

“I understand what you’re saying I’d be angry to but I also understand why Jake was saying that he doesn’t really want you near the garage”

“But why?”

“That’s something you’ll have to ask him... I can’t really tell you... I wish I could but its Jake’s business... anyway why do you feel sad about it?”

“Because if I find that Jake is one of them people who tell his friends what to do and is controling and over protective of his friends I’d rather have no friends.”

“Well to let you know Jake looks out for people he knows especially his friends for their own safety... and I’m not sticking up for him but all he was doing was looking out for you.”

“I know but... he still doesn’t have a right to tell me what to do” I whispered.

We both sat there for a while in silence just thinking. It was strange how comfortable I felt sat near Jamie.

“You know I did offer for you to stay with me because... like I said I know what Jake means. It’s not safe around the whole racing issue and you looked a bit disappointed when you couldn’t go so I though you could go but stay with me. At least you would be safer than being on your own. If that’s ok with you.”

“Ye... I’d like that. I mean I’ll get to know a bit more about cars I guess” he laughed a little. I looked down at the time and noticed it was 11:00. I’d been out here for hours but yet it only felt like minutes. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and considered calling my mum to see if she would pick me up.

“Are you going back inside?” Jamie asked whilst standing up.

“In a second I’m just going to see if my mum’s home yet.”

“Ok” he smiled and started to walk back towards the house.

I scrolled through the one contact that I had in my phone. How popular am I? The phone started to ring on the other side until I heard my mum’s voice.

“Hey sweetie, are you still at Emily’s?” she asked

“Ye I was just ringing to see if you can pick me up.”