Chapter 28

Hi Guys...

Sorry it's a little bit shorter compared to my usual chapters :)

Btw the song on the right is amazing and is in this chapter ->

Hope you enjoy :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I inserted my key into the lock and turned it to the right. I opened the front door further and moved to the side as Jake had insisted on being a gentleman to carry my suitcase in for me.

“MUM” I shouted. I headed towards the bottom of the stairs. “MUM” No answer. I turned around and saw Jake walk in with my case and put it down in front of the little side table.

“Is Cally here?” Jake asked. I shook my head. I walked towards the phone to ring her mobile. It was Sunday... she wasn’t on a business trip. I hope she’s not working.

“Hello”

“Mum?”

“Ye sweetie”

“Where are you?” I asked her.

“I’m at Emily’s... are you home now?”

“Ye... I’m here with Jake.” I said.

“Oh ok sweetie”

“Well... I’ll let you go I was just wondering where you was... cya when you get home.”

“Ok... cya later sweetie” She said. I pressed the end call button and placed the phone back on the charger.

“Where is she?” Jake asked when I turned around.

“She’s at your house” I said whilst turning around and closing the front door. I started to walk towards the kitchen to grab me and Jake a drink.

“Where do you want your suitcase going?” Jake asked whilst following me into the kitchen.

“Leave it... I’ll move it after.” I said.

Jake sat at the island as I carried over a can of coke. I handed it over to him when I sat down opposite him.

“So when do you want to start looking at flats?” I asked him.

“Urm... whenever... I mean I wouldn’t mind finding a place before Christmas” I nodded.

“Well are you doing anything now?” I asked him. He shook his head. “Hold on then” I said. I walked out of the kitchen and grabbed my suitcase on the way to the staircase. When I reached my room I put my suitcase in front of the wardrobe. I walked over to my desk and took my laptop off of the top. As I walked towards the bedroom door I noticed my full length mirror. I looked at myself for a while and the necklace that Jake had bought me. I still can’t believe he bought me a necklace... and I doubt it was cheap as well. I run my thumb over the pendant a couple of times before I brought myself back to reality. I walked out of the door and downstairs.

As I walked into the kitchen I saw Jake looking at his phone. He looked up when he heard me put my laptop down on the counter. I turned it around to him so then he could turn it on and everything whilst I went to connect my iPod to the radio and listen to mine and Jake’s playlist, which we made for us to listen to in the car in a morning. 3Oh!3 ‘We Are Young’ started to play. I walked back towards the kitchen and dragged my chair from where I was sat before so then I could sit at the side of Jake. I looked and saw that Jake already had an estate agency website open.

“So what do you want exactly?” I asked him whilst looking at the newest additions to the website.

“At least 2 bedrooms and a lot of space.” I nodded whilst typing in Haywood in the location field. I added the features he wanted and we looked at the 15 different flats that were possible. We looked at every single one of them and narrowed it down to about 6 as the rest of them were a bit of a distance away. The farthest one away was one on the borderline of Haywood and Wakeside where Scott lives. That seemed like the nicest one with 3 bedrooms, a balcony looking over the swimming pool that was with the apartment complex and another balcony looking over the miles and miles of dirt where you would be able to see the sun rise in the morning and watch the sun set at night. It had a lot of room as each floor roughly had 2 apartments and it was a 4 storey apartment building. It also had a garage where each owner of a flat can park their car.