Chapter 44

Hi Guys...

On the side is a picture of what Hayden's mask looks like (The one that Elena is wearing) -->

In the external link is a picture of what Becki's whole dress and mask looks like -->

Hope you enjoy :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was sat in Chemistry and had been doodling on my test paper for the last 5 minutes whilst waiting for everyone to finish. I watched Scott looking at something on the monitor that seemed to grab his attention. I turned to my right to see that Jason was still checking over his answers. I looked down at my paper to see a piece of paper folded in half. I opened it to find Becki’s handwriting.

Please tell me you’ve decided that you’re going to prom J

I rolled my eyes at her comment. For some reason I had been looking for dresses which wasn’t usually me at all and after talking to Jake about it on Sunday and thinking about it I was slowly leaning to the option of going but it wasn’t a definite yes... yet. I looked at her and shrugged which made her pout at me all of a sudden.

“Why?” she mouthed to me.

I shook my head at her. “I don’t know yet” I mouthed. She sighed and slumped down in her seat.

“Right guys... please bring your papers to the front and you can leave for lunch” Scott said. Everyone started to stand up with their bags and place their papers on Scott’s desk. As we started to walk towards the front door we saw Simon leaning against the door frame.

“Becki can I talk to you please?” He whispered. I’m surprised we actually heard him over the noise in the hallway.

“Ye of course” Becki said. She turned to us with a confused expression for a while. “I’ll meet you there” She said indicating that she would meet us at Jake’s room when she had finished. I nodded and carried on walking down the corridor with Jason until we reached the end of the corridor. I placed my hand on the door to open it until Jason stopped me.

“Hey I’m gonna go to the library for a while... I’ll see you later” He said.

“Ok then” I said whilst watching him turn to the right and walk towards the library. I guess I’ll be on my own with Jake for a while then. I pushed the door open and started to walk across the courtyard. As I approached the Maths block I saw a group of 3 women stood near the corner. I recognized that 2 of them were Miss Brown and Amber and they were talking to a girl who had brown hair. She was stood with her back to me but I could tell she was an average height and was a very petite size. She was wearing a skirt and a top which seemed too tight for her. As I walked closer to the doors I could hear their conversation a little bit more.

“We should be listening to him and not enlarging the number of benefits to this” Miss Brown whispered.

“Yes but I want a benefit out of this” The strange girl said.

“Listen our main goal is to separate them and nothing else ok... so just go with the plan” Amber said. I watched her turn around which made me quickly open the door and start to walk down the hallway towards Jake’s classroom.

When I walked in I saw Jake sat there looking at some sort of letter. He had his head resting on his left hand whilst flipping over the letter with his right hand. I walked closer to him so then I could see what it was.

“What’s that?” I asked. He looked up and when he saw me his face turned from boredom to a smile.

“Hey it’s a letter for prom” I nodded and sat to the desk that was opposite his desk. “Have you decided yet if you’re going?”