Chapter 42

Hi guys...

The dress that Hayden wears is on the side -->

Sorry I didn't post this yesterday but I hope you still enjoy it just the same :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was sat on the edge of my bed with my towel wrapped around me staring at the dress that was hanging on the front of my wardrobe. Yes you heard me right a dress. Me and Becki had been shopping a couple of days ago to help me find a top for Emily’s little birthday party and instead of coming away with a top I came away with a dress that I actually liked. It had the whole Aztec theme printed all over it, the woman in the shop had told me that it was in fashion at the moment but I shrugged it off seeing as I wasn’t bothered about the latest fashion trends. It was one of the dresses where it was longer in the back and shorter at the front and it was really nice. When I had brought it home to show my mum she forced me to try it on for her straight away. I did a little twirl for her and it suddenly reminded me of when I was a little girl and I would wear my little dresses in summer. She loved the dress and told me that I had to definitely wear it for Emily’s birthday.

I hadn’t told her about the whole incident of my dad showing up and Alex and Jake hadn’t said anything either which I appreciated. At the moment Jake seemed a little distant and upset. I tried asking him what was wrong but he would just shrug it off and tell me it’s nothing to worry about. I would usually sigh and just change the subject.

I was sat here now trying to work up the courage to pull the dress on and to put on the black tights that I had got to go with it paired with a pair of black flats. I took a deep breath and stood up to pull my clothes on. It was the 10th of March today meaning it was Emily’s birthday and the 100 monkeys concert. Sadly my mum wouldn’t be there as she said that she needed to go back to London to a conference for something so because I wasn’t up to staying in the house on my own tonight I asked Jake if I could stop at his which he agreed to. I had packed my overnight bag with a couple of my study books... what when I can’t sleep at night I usually read a part of my school book or something. I was a little nervous for today as I was meeting the rest of the Peterson family as well as the Johnson family, which was Emily’s side of the family. I was happy though that I knew the guys would be there as well as Holly. Over the past month me and Holly had started to become quite close and I’m glad as she had never had a friend who was a girl before. I was kind of curious though as to why she owned the garage in England instead of America where her family lived but I always stopped myself from asking her questions about that as I thought it might hurt her to think about it and it had nothing to do with me anyway. I slipped my shoes on and looked in the mirror to see what I looked like. I felt like a little girl all over again seeing as this was the first ever dress I had tried on since I was at least about... 7. I had straightened my hair before when I had climbed out of the shower and dried myself. I ran my comb through my hair and looked at myself again. I considered wearing bronzing pearls but I didn’t really know... how to put them on. I know I know I should know seeing as I’m a girl but I’ve only ever worn bronzing pearls once and my mum had put them on for me. I decided to go against it and leave it at that. I quickly checked to make sure that my jeans, shirt and pyjamas was in my bag for the concert. I heard a knock from downstairs and grabbed my overnight bag from my bed, grabbed my phone off of the stand and walked downstairs. I grabbed my key off of the table and opened the door to see Holly stood there.

“Hey” She said. She looked me up and down which made me give a little twirl. “... won’t know what’s hit him” She muttered. I didn’t quite catch the first bit.

“What?” I asked curiously.

“Nothing” She smiled. I looked down at her and noticed she was wearing a pair of jeans with a pattered, white top. It had a slight influence of the Aztec theme... ye I forgot to mention that Holly had come with me and Becki. She wasn’t too keen on buying it but me and Becki managed to persuade her as it really suited her. I kept teasing her on how Blake would like it but it got to the point where she pushed me gently and I lost my footing and fell into a rack of clothes in the store making everyone turn round and Becki and Holly laugh.