Chapter 20

Hey Guys...

The video on the side is the music video for the song that's playing on the radio at the beginning of the chapter ->

The picture at the side is of Scott and Jake's racing cars. The top one is Jake's and the bottom one is Scott's ->

The external link is a picture of the guy who starts the race at the end who you later find out is called Wayne ->

Hope you enjoy :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I’d spent all week at the garage with Becki and the guys. Becki seemed to fit in with the guys really well, which made it even more fun to hang around with them as me and Becki would gang up on them with our teasing. I’d been working on the car every day. The guys would tell me how to do something if I got stuck or they would help me if they didn’t have any cars that they needed to fix. Becki seemed to have become interested in working on mine and the guys little project so she always wanted to go to the garage with me. Although, then again her and Jamie seemed to have grown really close with each other as she already had his number, I loved seeing them together because they were really cute. I did suggest to her to talk to him but she disagreed and said that her parents would literally kill her and that she wasn’t exaggerating when she told me this. She did compromise with me though and told me that if I talk to Jake about how I felt then she would tell Jamie, I disagreed and told her that I would never do that because it was just a stupid crush.

At the moment we were sat on chairs at the entrance of the garage soaking up the beautiful Saturday sun whilst flicking through catalogues to look for things that we could use for the car’s interior. We had managed to build the whole engine and fitted it during the week, and we was listening to Olly Murs ‘Dance with me tonight’ play on the radio.

“So guys what is the budget then for spending on the interior features for the car?” I shouted into them as they were all working on a car.

“You don’t have one” Scott said whilst walking outside cleaning his hands with a dirty rag.

“Are you being serious?” Becki asked him with her eyes wide open. She still didn’t know about the guy’s secret. The guys told me that if I trusted her then I could tell her. However, I felt that it wasn’t my secret to tell and told the guys that they should tell her. Due to her not knowing this secret she actually didn’t know that the guys didn’t have to worry about money or anything like that.

Scott shrugged and sat down on the floor in front of the sun. He took one of the catalogues from the side of my chair and started to flick through it. “Ye don’t worry about it... let us worry about the price ok” He said smiling at her.

We spent hours joking around and looking through the catalogue at some of the stuff. I stood up and walked towards the little office to grab a drink from the mini fridge until I heard the bell ring from the reception of the garage. I went through the little door that was next to their little chill out room and saw a woman who looked like she was in her mid 20’s with long brown hair and a small, slender body. However, she did wear to much make up and looked like she owned the place.

“Hello, how may I help?” I asked her. Remember Hayden never judge a book by it’s cover even if she does look like a cheap tramp. Treat the customers with respect.

“Finally... service” she muttered under her breath. “I was supposed to pick up my car today” She said and then looked down to check her nails or something. I carried on looking at her for her to continue her request. “What?” She snapped at me. I took a deep breath to try and stop myself from hitting her so hard that I would get arrested for assault and no doubt she would end up in hospital.