An Old Flame

A/N: so this is based off of: jade and perrie dated in uni/college but broke up because of different career paths and so a couple of months/years later.. perrie/jade dates another girl and moves into an apartment with that person... but not knowing that perrie/jade lives in the same building. so basically they see each other again and start to 're-kindle' the relationship without the other girl knowing or something AND I HELLA LOVED THE IDEA

***

It's simple.

I like simple.

The kitchen table is nothing extravagant, the couch and lounge chair form a perfect ninety degree angle with each other, a nice little coffee table exactly in the center between them and the TV, the rug a common light brown with no stains or spots in sight (and I hope to keep it that way), the white curtains draping against the windowsill nicely.

Our brand new home is exactly what I pictured it to be.  Sure it's an apartment rather than a house, but the interior is perfect and just the way I like it.  I take in a deep breath and exhale, nodding to myself proudly as I spin myself around, taking in everything one more time.  I have to admit that I did pretty good, and I'm excited about this new place.

I feel a familiar weight rest upon my shoulders, arms draping over my chest from behind as a warm body presses against me.  I know exactly who it is, a smile forming on my lips as I lean back into her touch while she litters a few small kisses up my neck.

"It looks wonderful, babe."

"You think so?" I ask, bringing a hand up to fiddle with her fingers as they hang loosely near my clavicle (much too convenient of a place for it to be mere coincidence).  

"Of course, love.  It's a perfect start.  I can't wait to unpack more stuff and put some decorations up.  This place needs a bit of color, but we'll get to that later."

I can't help but feel a bit disappointed, knowing that she's planning to make our home a bit more lively and fancy since she has a more outgoing personality.  But, I'll just have to deal.  What's a relationship without a few compromises, right?  That's what comes with moving in and getting a new place together, and I already knew this was going to happen.

I turn around in her arms, seeing her warm eyes and bright smile directed right at me.  She's so lovely and beautiful, and every time I see her I go just a bit weak at the knees.  She pecks my lips briefly before moving away from me and going to walk around the living room, her arms spread open so she could reach and touch things, her entire demeanor shining with joy and contentedness as she parades around.

Danielle Peazer, the young woman I'm lucky enough to call my girlfriend, and I have officially just moved into our new apartment, starting our life together as a dedicated and committed couple.  We spend the rest of the day unloading the rest of the boxes from my car, both of us not really having that much stuff since we agreed that we wanted to start anew.  A few heirlooms have already been added as decorations around the place, throw pillows and cute little rugs placed by Danielle since she insisted that we couldn't keep the place so bare.  She and I are such a contradicting pair, I liking to keep things simple and routine while she wanted to always be kept on her toes, changing things up a lot.  Of course I definitely don't have a dull persona, and I am a party animal and have a pretty entertaining personality if I do say so myself, it's just that Danielle's aura makes mine seem so puny in comparison.  

But at the end of the day she loves me, and I love her.  We snuggle and cuddle up together, she sharing her day's activities while I listen and offer the comfort I know she cherishes.  We're a solid team that get things done, my wit and her confidence making us an unstoppable force.