Put A Ring On It

A/N: 'Person A is too nervous to propose to Person B, so they just slip a ring on Person B's finger while they sleep JERRIE VERSION' Uhm, hi, hello, this is fucking cute

***

The room is dark, blankets are pulled up to my chest, Perrie is snoring next to me, and all is well.

But it's funny because it's not and I'm about ready to jump out the window and run around the neighborhood with all of this anxiety bubbling up inside of me.  Like, holy shit, tomorrow is the day.  The day.  I've planned everything, even told Jesy and Leigh-Anne to help me make secret arrangements all for the night to go smoothly.  

But holy fuck I can't do it.

Nope. 

I mean, if I'm seriously freaking out this much already, and it's not even morning yet, then how in the hell am I going to still have my heart functioning by the time tomorrow night comes around?  The damn organ is about to beat itself out of my chest and take that lap around the neighborhood that I've been considering these past few minutes.  

I take shaky breaths, trying to calm myself because come on Jade!  It's just Perrie.  She loves you.  She's going to say yes.

Unless she doesn't...

What if she thinks it's too soon?  What if she's been having an affair this whole time and is actually done with me?  What if she's secretly already married?  What if-

Okay, no.  Calm the fuck down, Jade.  Jesy said that Perrie has been complaining to she and Leigh about how long I'm taking to propose, being the "guy" of the relationship since I'm the most detached or whatever (honestly, does there even have to be a "guy"?  That's so heteronormative).  So, she wants me to do this.  She's told the girls.  She's as ready as I am.

Unless Jesy was messing with me.

Okay, seriously, Jade?  Stop thinking of these stupid scenarios.  Perrie loves you, you love her, and you're going to propose and soon call that pretty blonde your wife.

I turn to my left to look at said blonde, watching as she takes deep and steady breaths as she lays on her right side, the side of her face resting against the pillow so perfectly that I'm wondering if she's even real, a beauty like that not possible to actually exist.

Oh, but it does.  And she's all mine.

Well, not entirely, because I can't frEAKING PROPOSE.  

Yes, I can.

No, I can't.

Yes, I can.

...No, I can't.  I really can't.

I'm going to screw it up, I just know it.  She's going to laugh in my face because of my stuttering, or she's going to look at me with that face she gives Paul when he says the day's schedule doesn't include any nap time (extreme disappointment) because I'm really going to look like such a failure.  She deserves so much more than an idiot like me that can barely match her affectionate nature.  So much more than a girl that's actually getting nervous over saying something as simple as 'Will you marry me?'.

Oh God I just scared myself and I didn't even actually say it...

Gosh, even if she says yes, I won't be able to hear it because I'll be dead on the floor from the heart attack.

I sigh, focusing in on her fluttering eyelashes, the slight twitching of her lips, the hand under her head for extra cushion even though the pillow itself should suffice, her hair that runs down and dips low below her shoulders, the strands calling my name as my fingers itch to run through them as they always do whenever Perrie is asleep with her head in my lap after a long day.  I watch a few locks that are draped over her shoulder, leading a path to the smooth skin that's soon entirely exposed once the hair trail ends, my lips tingling as my eyes find their way to her chest, wanting to kiss her skin more and more as I travel across more area.  Finally, my eyes transition to her other hand, lazily curled up just under her breasts atop the bed.