Falling Again

A/N: 'How about some angsty Jerrie?' Gotchu, but it's kinda drabble-y, and I wrote it kinda fast cuz I didn't have much time, so...mucho apologies.

NOT EDITED BECAUSE I'M A LAZY LITTLE SHIT, SOWWY

***

I still remember the day we met.  

I try not to think about it as I step into the bar, lights low and music booming, bodies touching, a sexual and desperate and pathetic aura that I only seek out in times like this.

A distraction.

I need the bustling and chaos that comes with a night out.  

It was late, the small convenient store empty, the lights of the gas station outside blinding everyone who happened to drive by.  I couldn't sleep, a bit of an insomnia spell that had no trigger really, but it had been a real pain in the ass.  

The door let out a little jingle as I opened it, the sound of a mini fan blowing being pretty much the only other sound in the store once the chiming ceased.  The worker hadn't said anything to greet me, so I didn't say anything either, just ignoring that entire area and instead focusing on getting myself a nice tub of ice cream.  What flavor?  No clue.

I got the creamy goodness, plopping it down atop the counter since, upon closer inspection, I've realized the worker didn't say anything because they're actually asleep.

Lucky bitch.

She woke up from the noise and feeling of the container against the table she was resting against, her head shooting up off of her folded arms, a red spot in the middle of her pale forehead.  Her blonde hair was up in a bun, which was nice, because it gave me the chance to really get stuck staring at the blue eyes she possessed.  

I mean, it wasn't surprising, really; blonde hair, blue eyes...what else would you expect?

"Hiya, sorry about that."  Her voice was thick with the same accent as mine, and red lights flashed in my mind because I was already getting attached to her simply because of the faint sense of familiarity she provided.  "This all?"

"Yes, please."

She seemed just as intrigued as I was by the sound of the accent.  

"South Shields?"

I nodded.  "You too?"

She returned the gesture, ringing up my little pint of ice cream and pressing a few buttons on the cash register.  She told me the price, and I fished the bill out of my wallet.  I could've taken my time to search for the exact amount of change, but I was way too exhausted (but still couldn't manage to fall asleep, which was just wonderful).  

"It's late, ain't it?"

"I'm aware," I said, taking the change she handed me in return, both of us still waiting for the receipt to print.  

"You one of those crazy night owls?"

"I just might be, why?"

"I'm Perrie."

It was an interesting segue in conversation, and I wasn't really expecting an introduction.  But, hey, might as well have gone with it.

"Jade."

"Well then, Jade, you should stop by here again if that's the case.  I'd love a buddy to talk to."

I wanted to explain to her that I was sure this was just a temporary thing, and that I only expected it to last maybe a few days, but who was I to take away the bright smile on her beautiful face?