Don't Let Go (Part 2)

A/N: I've been leaving y'all with lots of cliffhangers, so Imma come in clutch and give you this one <3  (Kinda scared tho tbh, cuz I feel like I ruined it :/)

***

Monday.

Oh God it's Monday.

I've been in my room for the past fifteen minutes, yanking on and ripping off various top and bottom combinations, staring at myself in the mirror and pouting or huffing in frustration when nothing seems to look as well as I'd been seeing it in my head.

"Why am I stressing so much?"  I already know the answer, but I still can't believe that I'm allowing myself to get so frustrated and anxious over it.  It's just Jade, right?  "No, it's not just Jade.  She likes you!" I say, pointing a finger at myself in the mirror.  But why does that have to make a difference in my appearance?  "UGH!"

"Honey, why are you talking to yourself?"

I sigh, rolling my eyes.  "Maaaam!"

"Sorry, sorry, didn't mean to eavesdrop," my mother says, twisting the knob and opening my door to poke her head inside.  "We've got to get going, deary."

"No!" I exclaim, my hands coming up to grasp at my head in panic.  "I'm not ready!"

"Five minutes, Perrie."  I've already started tugging my shirt over my head to switch it with another as she closes the door and disappears, deciding I can deal with the jeans I've chosen.  I'm going to have to do my makeup in the car, or maybe really quickly before school starts?  Gosh this is so stressful...

I'm just finishing my hair when I hear pounding on my door, signaling it's time to go.  I give myself a little once over in the mirror, knowing that I could definitely look better, but it'll have to do.  A strap of my bag is on my shoulder as I race down the stairs and follow my mom just as she's opening the front door and stepping out.  

The car ride is short, as always, but just as I'm stepping out of my mom's Volvo do I realize that I left all of my makeup supplies at home.  I turn to beg my mom to take me back home really fast, but she leans over the center console and tugs the passenger door shut, tapping her index finger against her watch before speeding off.  I know she has to get to work because she has a pissy boss, but really?  This is an emergency.  

This day is shit.

I really need a Jade hug.  Wait, am I even going to get one?  What's the procedure for mutual feelings that can't be developed any further because of evil parents and an unaccepting society?  There needs to be a manual for this bullshit.

Focus, Perrie.  You probably look like a gremlin right now.  Makeup.  Right.  Okay.

Leigh-Anne.

I race up the steps and through the open double doors to get into the school hall, covering my face as much as possible as I hurry to find Leigh-Anne or at least Jesy.  Hopefully they'll both be together since I'm sure I've just ruined my hair as well with all of this scrambling, and I pray to the Lord above that Jade isn't with them.  She'll take one look at me and realize that I'm not worthy of her feelings.

I spot both of them just ahead, Jesy digging through her locker while Leigh-Anne stands behind her, looking bored as she blows a bubble with her gum, popping it and barely changing her facial expression as she starts chewing again.  She spots me as I charge towards them like a maniac, raising an eyebrow before nudging her elbow against the older girl next to her.  Jesy turns and frowns at her in question, but then looks over to me after Leigh's head nod in my direction, her eyes widening and brows furrowing.