Tutoring The Softball Captain

A/N: based off of: could you maybe do one where Jade plays softball (i just really love the idea of softball Jade) and Perrie is a goodie goodie in school, and Jade asks her to tutor her.  Perrie doesn't realize it's because Jade has a crush on her.

Perrie was just about ready to kill somebody.  First she has to stay late at school to wait for her mom to pick her up (her mom had a meeting that she had to attend before picking Perrie up), then someone decides to keep making loud noises somewhere off in the distance?  God, this day couldn't get any worse.

She closed her book, knowing she wouldn't get any further with this continuous and irritating noise in the background, and she put it in her backpack.  She then got up and adjusted the straps of her bag onto her shoulders, starting to walk to where the noise was coming from (so she could yell at them for being so irritating).

As she got closer and closer, she started to realize it was a loud whistle coming from the baseball field on their campus.  Curiosity got the best of her, and she found herself walking to the back of field, stopping in front of the fence to observe what was going on, knowing that she wouldn't be seen.

She frowned when she saw some poor girl sprinting back and forth each time the whistle blew (from the mouth of a chubby man that she assumed was the coach).  Even from Perrie's distance she could see the sweat evident on the girl's brow, and she kinda felt bad for her, seeing the grimace on the girl's face each time she heard the whistle. 

"30 SECONDS!", the coach shouts, and Perrie sees relief start to slowly show on the girl's face.  The whistle blew one last time, before the coach shouted for her to stop.  She literally collapsed onto the ground, panting against the grass  beneath her.  "Have you learned your lesson, Thirlwall?"

"Yes, coach.", she panted out, wiping her forehead with her forearm, trying to wipe away the sweat.

"Don't be late again, or else you'll find yourself doing double the sprints.", the coach scolds one last time before starting to walk off the field in the opposite direction of Perrie.  The blonde just stood there, feeling anger rise up inside of her at seeing the coach be such a jerk like that, leaving the girl on the field in her condition.

Perrie looked to her left, and saw that there was a small hole in the fence, and she soon got an idea when she remembered that she bought a drink from the vending machine an hour ago, forgetting about it once she got invested in her book.  She quickly crawled through the small hole, just managing to make it through, then she got up and made her way over to the poor girl.

She grabbed the water bottle from the side pocket of her bag, surprised that it was still cold, and she took a deep breath before approaching the girl.

The girl obviously heard her coming, her head slowly turning to see who was coming towards her.  She pushes her body up to rest on her elbows, and she stays in that position as she watches Perrie walking over to her.  It's then that Perrie recognizes the girl's softball uniform.

"I didn't know anyone else was here this late.", the girl says, raising an eyebrow up at Perrie.

"Uh, yeah...it's a one time thing.", Perrie mumbles as she scratches the back of her neck as a nervous habit.  Perrie takes a seat next to the other girl.  "I, uhm, I saw you out here and I-I thought that you might want some...uhm, water."  Perrie struggles a bit to get the words out, but once she does she feels proud of herself.  She's not the best at socializing.

She held out the bottle of water, her hand shaking a bit at how nervous she was.  The girl in front of her was really attractive, and Perrie was sure she was judging her.  "You sure?", she asks, leaning up off her elbows to be in a sitting position just like Perrie.  "You may not get any back."