Excuses

A/N: 'Jade is convinced her room is haunted so she goes to Perrie's room every night and has an excuse to cuddle with her' I changed it up a little, but I gots permission ^-^  We goin on a journey to the good ole days...JERRIE FLATMATES

***

"Ugh, can that girl hurry it up?"

Jade peers up from her phone, giggling to herself at Jesy's frustrated facial expression and impatient tapping against the desk chair.

"You know Perrie is always slow, Jes."

Jesy sighs, all over dramatic and seriously giving Leigh-Anne some competition for biggest drama queen.  

They're both waiting in Jade's room, giving Perrie the time to run all over the place and finish getting ready since her nap went about three hours overtime.  Jesy tried to help her hurry it up, but it only made Perrie stress out even more, so she just decided to join Jade as she lounged in her room.

"Hey, when is Leigh getting here?" Jade asks, breaking the silence.  It's a comfortable silence, Jesy especially appreciating the younger girl's habit of being in her own little world and being content with the quiet.  

"She's meeting us at the club," Jesy replies, her lips frowning in a disgusted scowl.  "She wanted to drive in with Jordan," she continues, raising her voice and mocking Leigh-Anne.  

"It's scary how much that sounds like her."

"Well thanks, Jeed," Jesy says, now imitating Jade and her accent.  "Now, enough about Leigh and her boyf... How's the Mrs?"  She waggles her eyebrows and smirks suggestively, Jade rolling her eyes and grabbing a book from under her bed to fling it at the eldest band member.  

"Just because we're both Geordies it doesn't mean we have to be together."  Jade sounds as if she's said that exact sentence plenty of times before...which...she has.

"But it's Jerrie!"  Jade holds another book up threateningly.  "You guys have such obvious crushes on each other.  Why haven't you kissed her yet?"

"Do you want me to throw all of my books at you?  Because I can, I hope you know that."

"You don't even know where most of them are!  It's such a bloody mess in here..."

"Hey!" Jade exclaims, getting defensive.  "I know exactly what piles they're in!"

"Good for you.  Do you also know where your balls are?  Because you need to find them and get your girl."  Jade rolls her eyes again, extremely tired of having this conversation with Jesy, and it's even worse when Leigh-Anne is in on it.  "Come on, Jade.  What's stopping you?"

"She doesn't like me!"

"What's not to like?!  You're such a cutie.  Look at you and your red hair!"  Jesy rolls Jade's desk chair closer to said owner of it, reaching a hand out to grab a few of the strands.

"It's fuchsia," Jade deadpans. 

"Fuchsia hair, then.  Happy now?"

"Oh shut u-"  She freezes, mouth clamping shut as she feels a shiver run down her spine.  Chills erupt across her body, goosebumps appearing on her skin.  The air suddenly feels unbearably cold, the room's atmosphere causing her gut to twist and warn her that something isn't right.

"What the hell?" Jesy mutters, nose scrunching up as she brings her hands up to rub at her arms.  "Why is it so cold all of a sudden?"

"I...I don't know," Jade says, not liking this at all.  "I don't like it, either.  It feels...wrong."