Frustration

A/N: so, this one-shot is based off of the request: 'can you do one where Jade and Perrie are a popular couple in highschool but zayn likes perrie and always tries to break them apart.  it affects jade and makes her frustrated but in the end perrie reassures her that she doesn't like zayn'  sorry if it sucks :p

Jade was one of the most popular girls in school, being the captain of the volleyball team.  Everyone knew who she was, and they all cheered her on during games.  But, they also noticed a shift in her behavior.  She was losing her focus during games, causing the team to lose their winning streak that she had gotten them.  Nobody had any idea why she wasn’t doing as well as she usually did during games. 

  Jade walked through the halls with her head hung low, too embarrassed to look any of her classmates in the eye.  That’s how it’s been for the last couple of weeks.  She knew everyone was disappointed in her.  She was supposed to be helping the team, not costing them wins.

  “Jade!”, her best friend, Jesy, called as she walked down the hall.  Jesy was Jade’s co-captain, and she was voted by the team to talk to Jade and figure out what was up with her.

  Jade paused where she was, and waited for Jesy to catch up.  Once the older girl caught up to her (yes, Jesy was older, but Jade was still captain), they continued walking again.

  “So…anything new?”, Jesy asked as they walked, and Jade didn’t answer.  “Jade?”

  “Hmm?”, Jade hummed in question, only now looking up to acknowledge Jesy, and Jesy realized that  Jade most likely wasn’t listening to her earlier question.

  “Alright, what’s up with you?”

  “What do you mean?”

  “I mean that the other girls have voted for me to talk to you.  We all want to know what’s up with you.  You haven’t been playing like usual lately, and I notice that you’ve been frustrated.”

  “It’s nothing Jesy.”  Jesy raises an eyebrow.  “I promise.”

  “Yeah, well just promise me you’ll figure this all out by Friday’s game.  If we don’t win, we’ll lose our chance to go to states.  But for now, I can tell that you just need some space.” 

  “Thanks Jes, you’re a good friend.”

  “Good?  Please, I’m the best.”

  “Yeah, yeah, whatever.  See you at practice.”

  “Bye Jadey.”

  Once Jesy walked away to join her other friends, Jade continued on her way to her first class.

  She only took a few steps before she was pulled to the side.  She could already tell who it was from the pale hand that grabbed her elbow.  Sure enough, it was exactly who she thought it was.  Head cheerleader, and her girlfriend.

  “Hey baba.”, Perrie said with a smile, pecking Jade’s cheek.  Everyone knew about Jade and Perrie’s relationship, and they were one of the hottest couples in school.  Most guys and a few girls in school had a major crush on the volleyball captain, but once she was claimed by Perrie, everyone knew to back off.  Everyone also knew to back off from the head cheerleader.  Point is, nobody wants them to break up…except for one person.  Mr. Zayn Malik just won’t let go of his little (major) crush on Perrie.

  “Don’t tell me you’re going to ask me what’s wrong too...”, Jade says, and Perrie gasps dramatically while resting one of her hands on her chest.

  “What?  Your girlfriend can’t say ‘hi’ to you?”

  “Well, I guess you can.”, Jade responds,  going along with Perrie’s joke.