Benchwarmer & Varsity

A/N: 'Heeey, can you make a Jerrie fanfic: Perrie's parents send her to "make your kid straight again" camp, she meets the hot, christian camp chiefs daughter and turns her gay?' SO, I MAY HAVE GOTTEN A BIT CARRIED AWAY????

***

Trees.

That's all I can see.

I watch through the car window as we pass rows and rows of trees, slowly, of course, since we're going up a pretty beat up and steep path, and aren't I the lucky one that gets to see the fascinating things that are trees.  Lots and lots of trees.

As we get closer and closer to our destination, I realize that all of them stand upright and tall, perfectly straight and no curves in the wood unless you stop and look closely at them.  

It's fitting that the camp would be surrounded by them.

Yup, camp "make your kid straight" is where I'm headed.  I mean, of course it's not called that, but that's what it is, so why lie to myself?  I know my mother isn't happy with my sexuality, and since the brochure said this camp can fix it, that's where I'm headed.  A wonderful four weeks of "straight" training.  Wonderful.

We pull up to the entrance location that's on the front of the brochure, other cars parked with teens grabbing duffle bags out of trunks, so I'm assuming this is definitely the right place, especially with the gloomy looks on most of their faces.  

Same.

"Have fun.  Be safe."  That's all my mother says, but I was expecting less, so it's kind of nice.  Only kind of.  She's sending me to a camp that's going to force me to be straight, so it's hard to see her in a good light right now.  

"Ya," I mutter, slamming the door shut, my bag already slung across my shoulder since I didn't want to let myself waste anymore time with having to go and get it from the back seat or anything, my personal bag (a jaw string, since I'm athletic and too gay for a purse) clutched by my hand.  

I walk up to where the other kids seem to be gathering, guys and girls situating themselves awkwardly as they wait for something to happen.  There's older women and men off to the side, gathering boxes and moving things around, and I'm assuming they're those camp counselor things.  

It's about five minutes of standing and waiting until someone stands right next to me.  I don't give them the satisfaction of turning to face them, instead just keeping my gaze in front of me.  

They laugh.

"So, you're one of those, then?"  It's a guy, and his voice is a little scratchy.  He sounds nice.

"I beg your pardon?"  I look at him now, because my mom didn't raise me to be gay, but she did raise me to be polite.  

"'I'm too cool for camp' types.  You're one of 'em, yeah?"

"More like 'I'm too gay for this camp'."

He chuckles, a crinkle at his eyes from the smile he gives me.  "Sorry to judge ya, love.  Just, with the whole leather jacket thing ya got going on, I assumed.  There's one every year."

"Well...I am a lesbian, so...leather jackets are an essential.  You should also see how many flannels I've got."

"Right, of course."  Now we both laugh, and I'm surprised that someone's got me to talk this much when my plan of action was to just remain silent the entire time in protest.  I have to assume that that's already been attempted before, if what this guy said is anything to go by, and I don't want to look like an idiot.  So I guess I'll play nice...ish.  "I'm Louis, by the way."