Chapter 10

Jacobs POV

      "Isaac." I whispered to my big brother who was deep in sleep. I heard my parents arguing again and my father destroying everything in my living room with my mom crying.

I didn't know what to do, I was only ten and helpless. I grabbed my choo choo train slippers, my stuffed kangaroo, and headed down stairs.

"You don't clean enough in this room you whore!" my father shouted at my mom. She only cried more. I hated seeing my mommy cry.

"Mommy." I whispered. Tears went down my cheeks. I loved my mother so much. All my father did was get high and drunk most of the time. He hung out with some bad guys.

"I'm tired of  your useless ass around here. All you do is fuck shit up for me." He pulls out a gun. I drop my plush toy.

"Luke please, what about the kids?" My mother is shaking. I run down stairs, immediately grab my father's arm but he grunts and throws me off, I hit the lamp and the lights go out.

"Jacob get out of here, go back to bed!" My father yells at me. I rush to my mom as fast as I can.

"No, my mommy." I start crying. My father pulls the trigger and blood trickles on the walls. My mother can barely breathe as I see her dying slowly. My father goes to his room to pack. I bring my moms head to my chest and start crying and crying.

"Mommy, please don't leave mommy." I hugged her with my small arms.

I felt something hover next to me. Aria. I turned around and brought her into my arms. The nightmare stopped and I had a good night sleep that I haven't had in the last ten years.

Arias POV

I woke up with my head on a chest. My head is pounding and I get up,rubbing my temples. I look to my right and I see Jacob shirtless. I don't really remember what happened last night. I get up and look in the mirror. I have Jacobs shirt on and he's wearing nothing but boxers and we were in bed. Oh my god. Did we? Oh my god. Please no. I hear shifting on the bed and Jacob sits up on the bed.

"Aria?" His morning raspy voice is undeniably sexy and the sun shining on him giving me a perfect view. His hair is messy but perfect. He seems to be in a good mood today. I walk back to him and sit on the edge of the bed and sit down.

"Good morning Jacob." I grin at him. "hey um . . . We didn't do anything last night, did we? I mean all I remember was drinking vodka, our fight, Danny, Aaron, and closing my eyes." I ask anxiously. I don't mention his nightmare. He smiled at me suddenly which kind of scared me.

"I fucked you so hard last night." He laughs. My jaw drops open and my eyes pop out of my head. He starts laughing more. Which distracts me from what he had just said. His laugh is one of the most amazing things I have ever heard. And this was a real laugh unlike his mean laugh.

"I'm kidding, I would never do that" He said getting up. I think I would've definitely remembered if he and I had slept together.

"Come here." he says in his sleepy voice. I scoot closer to him. He uncovers the blanket off his legs.

"I'm really sorry about last night. I never wanted to make you upset. I didn't mean what I said. Like you said we're friends and friends don't do that to each other." He speaks softly and slow. Friends, huh? He doesn't even seem sure of his words. Is this just for show and then he's gonna spite me? My mind is distracted as I look at his arms covered in ink. I try to trace the black swirls on his arm and he pulls away quickly.

"Don't." He says and he heads for the shower.

What was wrong with him? Did he not like when someone touched his tattoos? I was just trying to trace over this dark angel wing at the top of his right shoulder. I wonder if any of them are significant.