Chapter 39

Arias POV

The smell of scrumptious breakfast cooking wakes me. She's home. I wake up feeling better than usual. Feeling refreshed. Part of the reason is him. Maybe it isn't so bad that I'm feeling this way about Jacob. I sense a change somewhere deep down him. He is not the big asshole I thought he was when I first met him. Only I can see this side of him though. The kind and caring side of him. My room shows that he is completely gone. I check the time. Ten thirty two a.m.

I get up and put my hair in a bun. I go into the bathroom and brush my teeth. I text Sierra. Today I actually feel like I have the strength to talk to her about all of the madness that has happened between us.

Me: hey we need to talk. I can't just leave things between us how they are. It's no ones fault here

I send the message hoping that I don't get menacing words thrown back at me. I put my phone down on my nightstand and head downstairs.

"Good morning." I say as I enter the kitchen.

"Good morning honey. You seem in a good mood this morning." She smiles.

"Yeah. Today just feels a little bit different." I say as I put a filter into the coffee machine.

"How was your weekend with Tara?" She asks as she places a strip of bacon onto the pan.

Semi bad.

"It was fun. How was your weekend flight?" I ask her.

"Great. I got home by one in the morning." She groans.

"Is that why you're on an extra coffee grind today?" I laugh.

"Yeah." She joins me. I grab a small blue mug and pour coffee into it. I take a small sip.

"I saw you sleeping in your room last night." She says. I can feel my cheeks turning red.

She must've saw him.

"Oh, you did?" I ask her.

"Yes. I saw him Aria." She simply states. I start to panic.

"Look I can explain-" She cuts me off.

"It's okay Aria. If you have a boyfriend that's fine, you just have to tell me. You don't have to keep him from me. He actually seems like a nice guy." She says. Wow. That's not what I expected her to say at all.

"Well, he's not my boyfriend exactly. I-I don't know. It's complicated." I sigh. Even I can't understand my complex relationship with Jacob.

"Do you wanna talk about? That's helps sometimes, you know?" She encourages me.

"I mean I guess. I do like him, I do. I'm pretty sure he likes me." My words are an understatement. "He's just so strange. So different in a good way. Sometimes his bipolarity drives me insane, but I can see that he's a good person and holds nothing but respect for me." I tell her remembering  last nights words.

I respect that Aria, and that's why I'm not going to take it away from you.

He impressed me last night. And I didn't think it was possible, but everything that he said last night made me like him even more. I wish he had taken it, my virginity. I wouldn't have regretted it like he said I would.

"You guys just need to have a deep long conversation about it then. I know guys like him must try to shelter themselves from conversing about their feelings, but it's the only way to be certain about everything. Because sweetie, you seem confused. As long as he respects you, he has mine." She advices me.