Chapter 63

Arias POV

Everything is dead silent, the only thing I hear is my breathing and Jacobs. He fell asleep a couple minutes ago. He has his arm draped over my waist and his head on my chest. He fell asleep quickly because I was running my fingers through his hair. I check the time on my phone and it's a little past ten. I begin to get up and gently lift Jacobs arm off me. Jacob begins to stir. I pull up my underwear and pull Jacob's white T-shirt on. When I turn around Jacob's opening his eyes. I tuck my hair behind my ears.

"Where are you going?" He says in a sleepy voice. That hot raspy voice of his.

"I'm just going to shower. Go back to sleep." I say. I get out underwear and place it on my night stand for me to put on after my shower. I get out a bottle of shea butter lotion as well.

"Do you want me to join you?" He leans back on his elbows.

"No, it's going to be a quick shower. Plus, my cousin should be home soon and I don't want him finding out that we're both in the shower together." I tell him.

"Aria, he's a teenager. And a boy. He probably wanks all the time." He says casually. I slightly gasp.

"Jacob, don't say that."

He rolls his eyes and lays his head back into the pillow.

I pull open my bottom drawer and pull out my clean and neatly folded towel. I open the door and softly close it. I slightly jump when I turn around because I spot my cousin. His eyes widen. I look down and realize I'm only in panties and Jacob's shirt.

"Uh, Hey Sebastian." My voice comes out high pitched. I clear my throat.

This can't. Be.  Happening.

"What are you doing up here?" I break the silence.

"I, uh, I came up to grab my laptop charger. It's okay. I can get it tomorrow." He begins to walk away towards the staircase.

Jacobs right, he's a fifteen year old boy. He's not dumb. He knows what happened but . . . I have to ask.

"Sebastian?" He turns to me. "You just got home, right? Like, you weren't already here before . . . " I say awkwardly.

"I got home like five minutes ago." He tells me and I feel a little relieved.

"Well, goodnight." I say.

"Goodnight." He responds and goes downstairs.

I enter the restroom and hang the towel on the hook next to the shower. I go in front of the mirror and tie my hair up into a messy bun after three attempts. It takes three hair ties and one scrunchie to hold my hair up. My hair is honestly a long, thick mess. I need to get a cut soon.

I turn on the shower and wait a couple seconds for it to warm up. I dispose of my clothes and step into the shower. I slightly grin as the hot steam reaches my face. I've always liked the feeling. I don't know why. I apply my facial wash and cleanse thoroughly. I grab my baby pink sponge and rub it against a bar of soap. I begin to softly lather my skin. I don't need to shave for another couple days, so this should be a quick shower, but I like staying in the shower just a couple minutes longer. I just stand there under the water, letting droplets race down my spine. My attention is brought to the shower curtain as I hear the door open and close.

After I finally snap back out of my frozen state, I call out, "Jacob?"

"Yeah?" He says. I sigh in relief as I hear his voice .

"Oh, good. It's you." I wring out my sponge and place it back on its hook.

"Who else would it be?" He questions.