Chapter 18

Arias POV

I am still sitting here speechless with my aunt looking like she could explode any second and Jacob only makes this angry tension awkward. I feel the air getting thicker by the second.

"Well are you going to answer?" My aunt tries to say as calm as possible. I open my mouth but no words come out. What's wrong with me? Why can't I say anything?

"T-T-This is . . . Um," I feel like a little girl getting into some serious trouble for drawing on the walls or something.

"I'm Jacob."
Jacob says and my aunt glares at him and then looks back at me.

"I wasn't talking to you, I was asking my niece." she snaps. I have never seen this side of my aunt she was always so sweet ever since I moved in with her.

"Aria, I texted and called you like thousands of times. I was beginning to get worried, but no here you are with this- this man and complete stranger." She almost shouts.

"I'm sorry, I fell asleep. I didn't hear my phone and he's my friend." I try to say as nicely as possible.

"I don't care who he is, I don't know who he is Aria." She says starting to calm down.

"Should I go or . . ?" I can tell that Jacob is in a very awkward position. I would wanna leave if I was him.

"Yes."

"No." I say in unison with my aunt.

"I'll go. I guess I'll text you later Aria." He says getting up and heading for the door.

"Okay." I say softly but by then he's already out the door. Now it's just me and my aunt. I really hope that she's not that mad.

"Now would be a good time to explain before I lose it." she says tapping her foot on the floor. Man she really is losing her cool.

"He's my friend I met him on my first day here." I blurt. I wouldn't say meet more like witness his gang murder and then he hunted me down, chased me, I kissed him, and I also fell asleep with him. He made me cry and feel like shit. He's starting to make me feels things I can't explain. I almost died in a motorcycle race. Oh and did I mention that their rival gang is also hunting me down. And a few hours just before you got home he fingered me then I fell asleep to the TV. And now I'm more confused about him than ever.

Yeah.

I'm not telling her that.

The confusing and insane and terrible truth.

"Hello? Aria?!" She brings me out of thought.

"Huh?" I say.

"I asked why I didn't meet him sooner? why was he kept a secret for almost this whole month? I don't understand." She says throwing all these questions at me and I'm so overwhelmed and maybe even a bit annoyed.

"I'm sorry, I don't know why." I say looking down at the floor.

"Is he the reason you're partying and came home late that one night. I was worried sick. Don't think your friends didn't tell me about this infamous boy with his motorcycle." She snaps. I can't believe Sierra, Laur, and Danny would tell her about Jacob. I honestly feel betrayed, but that unfortunately is how I've felt almost my whole life. Also alone. God, depression sucks ass.

"Answer me Aria." She says.

"Yes, I was late, but that's it and he invited to one party. The second was my friends not him." I say truthfully.

"Do you know anything about him sweetie? I mean look at him." she's calm but harsh about him.

"What do you mean look at him?" I say honestly offended that she would mean it like that.