Chapter 56

Jacobs POV

      The whole way back to Aria's place she kept quiet. When I dropped her off, she made me leave immediately. She said that she didn't have her key with her and that her cousin was gonna open the door for her. Of course, I didn't leave. She magically found her keys in her pocket, and went inside.

Maybe she was still mad at me about telling her to cover up. I know she hates being told what to do. She's independent. She's not always going to need me and I know that. She's the strongest girl I know and I love her. It's so selfish of me for wanting her to need me. She gave me a quick kiss before she got out of my car and with that I left.

As I enter my home, there's a bunch of murmuring voices. Adrian, Jace, Jake, and Aaron are all talking loudly, I can't really distinguish what they're saying. They all spread out and I spot Matthew.

"Finally! I've called you and texted you like a hundred times! Fuck, man." Matthew tells me.

"I thought today was your day off." I tell him as I slip off my leather jacket and throw it on the couch.

"It was and I decided to go to the joint. I went into my office and...here just take a look." He hands me his phone. It's a picture of a text conversation.  Between an anonymous number and. . .Aria?

As I read over messages over and over again, my anger builds.

"Who the fuck is this?" I growl.

"Who do you think?" Matthew crosses his arms.

"Rick." I mutter. "They're meeting at eleven thirty. What time is it now?"

"Eleven O' two."

"Let's go. I'm taking my motorcycle. We have to go." I say and every one just stares at me.

"You heard him! Now!" Jace says and they run out. I grab my gun out of my car and get on my bike. I don't wait for anyone and head straight for Central Park.

They all catch up to me pretty quickly. Aaron gets close to me and lowers his window.

"Slow the fuck down! We'll get there in time! You'll kill yourself if you go any faster!" He yells at me from his car. He goes and zooms ahead of me. I go even faster.

We get to the park fast enough. I park next to a curb and get off my bike. I check the time. Eleven twenty five. Man, I got here fast. Not much later the rest of them get here. We go and look through the park. I spot her in a clearing surrounded by trees. It's about to be eleven thirty. At the exact time, Rick and two other guys appear from behind trees across the field. He gets closer to her and I can feel the blood stop in my fingers. I'm balling my fist too tight. I gently release my grip.

I look my right over to Aaron.

"Shoot him. Jake will take out the two other guys. Shoot him so that he feels pain. I will be the one to end him." I say.

I look over to my left and see Jace and Jake. I mouth to them 'make sure nothing happens to her'. They nod.

I start to get closer and I put my gun at my side. Aaron looks over to and I nod. He aims and shoots at Ricks Stomach. 

Arias POV

      Rick stumbles back, but keeps himself standing. There's no blood coming out from where he got shot.

"You said you didn't tell anyone!" He growled.

"I-I didn't. I don't-" I get cut off.

"Get the fuck away from her!" I immediately recognize the voice. I want to turn around, but my eyes stay locked on Ricks. For the fear that if I even look away for a second, he might hurt someone I care about.