Chapter 17

Arias POV

      I wake up to the sound of my phone going off as an alarm. It read something on my screen. I still have sleepy eyes so I rub my eyes. Oh it's a reminder I set. It reads Juilliard meeting @ 2pm. Oh my gosh! I totally forgot with everything that has happened. It's only ten in the morning, I have enough time to get ready and make breakfast. I also have enough time to calm my nerves. I have to look presentable. I don't have any dresses only the one I bought for that party. Hm,that party. I remember. Jacob made me bawl my eyes out. He made me feel like absolute shit. Like I was nothing, pathetic as he said I was. Then it was the nightmare thing. Then he became my shield when Jace came in. He gave me one of the best times of my life since I came here with the swimming and zip lining. Him being a sweet guy. Then he goes back to being an asshole. He enjoys it. I'm like a game to him. Everything was probably fake. The being nice, when he asked me what I was doing to him, the nightmares. Well they couldn't be, even through the dark I could see the fear in his eyes. When he hugged me he didn't want to let go. But that doesn't matter no matter how much I try to see the good in him I always fail. Ugh. I need to stop thinking about him I should focus on why I came here, for a fresh start and accomplish getting into Juilliard. Start a dancing career.

I get in the shower and I start thinking of questions they could ask me. I need to be prepared. I can't screw this up. This is my only shot. I decide on wearing that white dress again. I decide to give my hair a few curls at the tips. I don't really like make up. It's never been something I needed so I don't need it now. I don't put on my favorite low top black and white vans but I put them in my black back pack. I put on some black sandals. I put on a denim jacket. I look in the mirror and decide I look presentable enough for a beginning college student. I go down and make myself a sandwich and get orange juice. My phone pings with a text from my aunt.

A: Hey sweetie I'll be home tonight and I'm so proud of you hope it goes well. love you!

Me: Thank you love you too

Even though she's not home a lot since she has to be on planes and at the airport sometimes or calling for flights to board she still tries to spend time with me. I'm really thankful for her. I scroll through social media so I can pass time. After I'm done drinking my orange juice I look at the time. It's already twelve thirty. I guess thinking about Jacob helps. Even though it's going over why I hate him or why I should hate him. My phone vibrates in my hand with a message notification.

A: wassupp

Me: hey Aaron

A: what are your plans today we're throwing another party if you wanna come

Me: oh I don't think I'll be going back to your house for a while but I'm going to Juilliard for an interview

A: awh that's too bad but do you need a ride?

Me: actually I was gonna take the subway but now that you mention it if it wouldn't be too much trouble could you take me please

A: of course Aria I'll be there in half an hour

Me: oh thank you

Even though I don't like the idea of being in contact or having a friendship with gangsters it's nice to know that they can be there for me when I need them. Well at least Aaron and Jake.

Jacobs POV

This shit is making me more pissed off than ever. Having to watch this rich, so called important guy on the news. I do this shit so I can be one step ahead of him. But I hate this dickhead more than anything. He probably thinks I'm back in Australia. No I moved on I learned how to murder people, how to do business, how to gain cash quick. I went through a lot of shit because of this asshole. He knows New York has gangs. He just doesn't know his fucking son is in one of them. Then I hear a reporter ask him a fucking question which I do and don't want to hear the response to.