Chapter 36

Arias POV

      I woke up with the most massive headache. As if someone had stuck a dagger in my head. I went to the medicine cabinet and looked for the aspirin.

Aha, got it. I take out two small white pills. I go down to the kitchen and fill up a glass of water. As soon as I swallow the pill with the water my phone pings. Somewhere deep inside me I hoped that it was Jacob, but in my mind I knew that it wasn't him. It's from . . . Danny?

D: hey are you home?

Me: um yeah. Why?

I haven't spoken to Danny in about a week. It's weird that he would talk to me now. After everything that happened with Sierra. Ugh I really need to make amends. I didn't really do anything wrong. I don't think I wanna explain anything to her. To any of them. I don't have to explain. That's a personal thing that went on in my life. And if they don't wanna forgive me and don't wanna be my friends, then that's fine. I'll be okay. Always am.

Over ten minutes pass and Danny still hasn't replied. Oh well. I need a shower. I just wanna relax in the hot water. That's all that's gonna keep me relaxed at the moment. I go upstairs into the bathroom. I look in the mirror and I look dead like always. Well not dead, like I'm going insane for no apparent reason. I feel like I'm going insane. I wash my face with my facial cleanser and I look a bit more lively.  I need to eat. I haven't even eaten since yesterday's breakfast. So over twenty four hours. As I get my towel ready for my long shower I hear a knock on my door.

Ugh, what now?

I slowly make my way downstairs. I look through the small peephole.

What the heck?

I open the door.

"Danny, what are you doing here?" I say my voice small.

"Hey, I just wanted to check on you." He says, his voice is quiet too.

"Oh."

"So are you gonna let me in or what?" He says still seeming shy.

"Um yeah." I move out of the doorway.

"Thanks." He says.

"Mhm." I just say. I close the the door go sit down on the couch. He joins me.

"How have you been?" He asks me.

"What?" I say. Why is he asking me this? I mean he's always been so sweet to me but I'd think he'd still have a bone to pick with me.

"I mean, are you okay? You know, after everything that's happened with Sierra and Laur." He says looking into my eyes.

"Yeah I'm fine." I say rushing my words. He sighs.

"Aria . . ." He starts.

"Really I'm fine." I say before he can say anything else.

"I guess everything has been fucked up since you came, huh?" He says.

"Excuse me?" I say a little irritated.

"No. No I didn't mean it like that. I'm saying that everything was already messed up even before the whole big thing with Sierra." He says.

"How exactly?" I ask.

"Well to begin with ever since you walked through those cafe doors Laur didn't like you for whatever reason. She always talked shit about you. Each day she got more and more into Sierras head. She never got into mine though. She was always just jealous of you. It got really irritating." He explains to me.